Chapter VIII: Act XIV

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Alhaitham
and
Knowledge Capsules
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Tariq stood up on his feet and he rudely glared at the male that decided to talk over him. "Ugh, you again! Tch... Deranged Akademiya lunatic!" He exclaimed, distaste being heard in his voice.

(F/n) did their best not to smile as they rolled back and forth on the heels of their feet.

"Yes, it's me again. I already warned you that if you weren't willing to sit and discuss things with me, I'd take measures to make things... uncomfortable for you," Alhaitham replied before turning towards the group of four, "Listen to me. That address he gave you is fake – or at least, you won't find a merchant waiting for you there. This group has been boasting all around that they can provide information in a certain "item", as a means of lurking people into their territory. Once you show up, they keep up the act until they have hard evidence that you want to purchase said item, then they use that to squeeze you for all the mora you're worth."

Tariq trembled in anger as a scowl made its way onto his face. "Hey! Shut it, Alhaitham! What are you playing at, trying to ruin our business like this, hmm?" He asked.

Alhaitham shook his head. "I told you the other day: I wish to discuss my terms with your boss," he replied.

Tariq laughed. "Hah! The boss made it perfectly clear that he won't negotiate with you!"

"Yes, and in no uncertain terms. But that was the. It does not preclude him from changing his mind in the future," Alhaitham retorted.

Aether, Paimon, (Y/n), and (F/n) stood in silence as they watched the interaction that was going on in front of them.

"I'm warning you, don't push us, or this could get ugly! We don't usually get rough with people from the Akademiya because it just complicates things. For a lunatic like you, though, we might just have to make an exception," Tariq replied.

"If you're suggesting that we escalate this from a verbal exchange to a physical one, I accept. After all even the archons used war to negotiate the ownership of Teyvat. If, on the other hand, we can't agree on any means of negotiating at all, then I'm afraid my next course of action will sting a little more than the mere falling–through a few business deals. I will jeopardize the Eremites' reputation, which I know you value above all. I am quite confident that if I began to take such action, your boss would willingly approach me himself. However, I fear that by then, some things will have happened that cannot be undone. Also, a word of advice... I suggest you tell your boss exactly what happened here today. Otherwise, he might blame you for not telling him in the future," Alhaitham states.

Tariq paled at the threat. "Wh–What did you say?" He questioned.

"Consider this: Have I ever failed to follow through on my word in the past?" Alhaitham questioned.

"This guy is really out of his mind..." Tumart whispered.

Tariq scoffed. "Okay then, if you really have a death wish, let's meet a week from today.... The pier in front of the Pharos Lighthouse, four o'clock in the afternoon, sharp. Don't expect us to hold back!" He exclaimed.

Alhaitham shook his head. "Not so fast. First, you return the 500,000 mora to them."

Tariq huffed as he hands back over to the mora. "Hmph."

"Please, I beg you, don't provoke them. We can't afford any trouble with this crowd... They haven't even paid for their food yet..." Eymen pleaded.

Alhaitham turned his head. "Ah, Mr. Eymen. There appears to be fewer staff in the restaurant recently. This wouldn't happen to be because they're all busy spreading the word to the students, would it?" He asked, raising a brow.