Chapter VII: Act I

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
A Reunion Between Two
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"You... You knew where my sister was this whole time, (Y/n)! Why... why didn't you tell me!?" Aether's voice shouted as the said male glared at the (E/c)-eyed figure.

(Y/n) stayed silent as he listened to Aether berate him the whole time, not wanting to fight back at all.

Paimon looked between her two parental figures with a broken look on her face. She could understand where Aether was coming from... but, there had to be some reason why (Y/n) was teamed up with Lumine. There just had to be!

"Aeth–" Paimon was cut off as the sound of a chair scraping the ground was heard and quickly jerked her head toward the standing (H/c)ette.

"Where are you go–" Aether went quiet when he was met with blank (E/c) hues.

(Y/n) gave an emotionless look toward the other male before deciding to speak.

"We'll separate at Inazuma," (Y/n) calmly states before heading off after pushing in his chair.

Paimon's eyes teared up. "(Y/n)!" She cried out, wanting the male to come back.

Aether's eyes teared up, but he clenched both of his hands to his lap.

He had the right to be angry at the (H/c)-haired male. After all, the said male knew where his twin sister was at all this time and never told him.

But, why did he feel guilty?

Paimon turned toward her remaining companion with teary eyes. "Aether..." She whimpered.

Aether shook his head. "Like (Y/n) said, we'll split at Inazuma," he whispered.

Golden hues drifted over to the sitting figure of (Y/n), who had Xiao standing right beside him – who also showed no interest in talking with anyone on the ship.

Beidou raised a brow at the blonde male beside her. "Is something wrong?" She asked.

Aether jumped a bit in surprise before shaking his head. "No," he mumbled.

Beidou hummed lightly, as she sent a glance over to (F/n)'s childhood friend.

"Did you two have a fight or something?" Beidou asked once more.

Aether looked down onto the water that the boat was sailing on. "Yeah..." He whispered.

Beidou smiled lightly. "Well, there's two sides to every story, you know? You might have the first half of the story, but do you have the other half?"

Aether shook his head.

Beidou turned toward the figure beside her and leaned against the railing with a look of understanding.

"Well, I don't want to rush you and all. But, I hope you'll be able to get his side of the story before making a hasty decision," Beidou states.

Aether stayed quiet as he thought over Beidou's words, knowing that he should get (Y/n)'s side of the story.

Beidou was right. There were always two sides to every story.

"I'll... try," he whispered.

Beidou smiled at the male beside her and petted his head. "Now remember, no rush." She reminded before heading off to speak with one of her crewmates.

Paimon came floating over, biting into a juicy red apple in her hands.

"Hm? What were you and Captain Beidou talking about?" Paimon asked.