Chapter VII: Act XXVI

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
A Sin's Name
And
A Fight with an Archon
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

The female that looks like the Raiden Shogun, Ei, gazed at the two males before keeping her stare on (Y/n)'s figure, instantly knowing who he was.

"Indulge my curiosity. What is the reason that I find you standing here before me once again? And with an Archon's child more-less?" Ei asked.

(Y/n) and Aether shared a confused look, wondering what Ei meant.

'An Archon's child?' (Y/n) wondered.

"Do you hope your foolhardiness will shelter those people? Or... was it simply a means of seeking an audience with me?" Ei asked.

"The Vision Hunt Decree should never have existed," Aether answered.

Ei raised a brow at this. "Oh? Surely you didn't rouse me from my state of eternal meditation to tell me this? If so, then you underestimate me. I am quite well-informed about the Vision Hunt Decree," she replied.

"So, you know what's going on outside?" (Y/n) asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

Ei shook her head. "Not so. Not everything pertains to eternity. The Vision Hunt Decree has my tacit approval. The Fatui's actions thus far do not constitute a threat to eternity, otherwise... they would have been purged long ago," she answered.

(Y/n) clenched his teeth. "You're letting innocent bystanders and your people lose their lives... just because you don't see the damn Fatui as a fucking threat to eternity?" He whispered under his breath.

Aether sent a sad look toward the male beside him before looking back at the female. "It comes at a great cost to the people of Inazuma," he explained.

"Individual ambition is inherently incompatible with eternity. What you might not realize is that all too often... people have far more to lose by chasing their dreams. Consider this — no one will lose their life on account of having their Vision taken away... Rather, those who have lost their lives are the ones who insisted on pursuing their aspirations, are they not?" Ei retorted.

"Teppei..." Aether trailed off with furrowed brows.

Ei took in the duo before her. "Traveler, Archon's child, both of your existences are unique in my eyes. There seems to be limitless uncertainty in you both. To put it another way, you Traveler, are the furthest thing from eternity," she states.

'It's like she knows me... but in a way, she kinda feels familiar too.' (Y/n) thought.

"So I won't insist that you comprehend the meaning of my actions. What matters is that I tread the path of eternity on my people's behalf," Ei explained.

"This is your Plane of Euthymia..." Aether retorted.

Ei nodded her head in surprise. "That's right. I'm surprised you understand it so well... Anyway," she looked between the two before her, "you're both looking for a chance to shake my will... aren't you?" She asked.

Aether shook his head. "We're not here to debate your ideas. I'm here to demolish them," he answered.

Ei narrowed her eyes upon the two, "So be it. Well then, you who would defy eternity... Time for you two to enlighten me."

Aether and (Y/n) got into a fighting stance with their respectful weapons as Ei slowly started to walk off to the side.

"Do you two wish to become the enemies of Eternity, Traveler? Asmodeus?" Ei asked.