Chapter VI: Act XXI

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Equilibrium
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"Huh? Is it just Paimon, or is there a sweet fragrance in the air...?" Paimon asked.

She then turned toward her two companions when she heard something. "Huh... Did you hear that? It seemed like it came from those ruins over there..."

Her blue eyes squinted as she stared off into the far distance when she took notice of the treasure hoarders. "Uh oh, it looks like the treasure hoarders have locked someone inside."

(Y/n) blinked when he realized how Aether and Paimon's eyes drifted over to him.

"You want me to restrain them, don't you?" (Y/n) grumbled out as he allowed his polearm to manifest in hand.

"Please?" Aether begged, knowing that the taller male had a useful attack with vines.

Paimon gave off a pair of puppy dog eyes, pleading with the (H/c)ette.

A groan left (Y/n)'s lips as he twirled the polearm for a quick second before slamming it straight into the ground.

Shouts from the treasure hoarders were heard as vines appeared out from the ground and crushed them all into restraint.

"There," (Y/n) huffed out.

Aether smiled brightly as a thanks before picking up a dropped key and freeing the trapped civilian.

"Phew... Thank you for your help, kind travelers. If you hadn't come to my aid, I surely would have rotted in this cell! Those treasure hoarders... when their mood was good, they'd rearrange those pots of sweet flowers. But when they were in a bad mood, they'd rearrange my face..." The civilian, Meng Dan, thanked them.

"Aw, it was nothing. No need to thank us all at once or anything!" Paimon replied.

(Y/n) deadpanned. 'I... I literally did all the work. Oh, yeah. Maybe I should toss them to the side.'

With a swipe of a hand, the treasure hoarders went flying.

Aether, Meng Dan, and Paimon stared at the (H/c)ette with a sweatdrop but decided to keep up with the conversation.

"Haha, I understand. Don't worry, I will compensate you three." Meng Dan replied.

Aether shook his head. "There's really no need," he reassured.

"Don't say that! I only escaped this predicament because of you two. I'm Meng Dan, a supplier for Mingxing Jewelry in Liyue Harbor. I often walk around these mountains in search of antiques. I never expected that those treasure hoarders would have their eyes on the same ruins that I had. Before I knew it, they'd caught and imprisoned me. Is there anything that you lack? Antiques, treasure, various knick-knacks, you name it! Well, as long as you want what I have to offer, of course." Meng Dan retorted.

"Your goodwill is good enough for me," Aether replied.

Realization went across Paimon's face. "Wait a moment! Actually, we are looking for something! Do you have a box that can store presents? We'd like a pretty one... the kind that you can use to store snacks," she asked.

Meng Dan nodded his head. "Of course we do – how can one sell antiques without gift boxes? At Mingxing Jewelry, we have the best gift-wrapping service in the seven nations. Now, just give me a moment, and I'll let the boss know. You can go see her whenever you require that box."

Paimon turned toward her two parental figures. "Great! Paimon's sugar-frosted slime now comes in a beautiful package!" She cheered.

✧˖*°࿐