Chapter IV: Act II

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Flustered
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"Who knew that you could be a bitch?" A voice piped up in pure amusement, quietly sipping on a cold drink that sat comfortably in its owner's hands.

A sigh left a male's lips as he turned to look over at a familiar feline figure.

"(F/n)," the male greeted.

(F/n)'s tail swished and flicked behind them as the ombre bluenette just hummed a bit.

"Are you here to try and sacrifice Ayaka and me again... despite all the previous fails?" The young Kamisato heir asked.

(F/n) raised a brow as if they didn't understand what the other was talking about. "What do you mean, Ayato? I've never done such a thing," they retorted.

Ayato shook his head in disappointment but gave a gentle smile. "Are the weapons almost finished?" He questioned.

Ears perked up at the question as the feline nodded their head. "Yep, just a few more and I should be done." (F/n) simply replied.

Ayato hummed and looked away.

The ombre bluenette lifted their head as they took another silent sip of the cold drink they were chilling with.

"Only twelve years old, and you're one of our most trusted blacksmiths we dare to order from." Ayato states.

(F/n) followed after the baby blue-colored male, doing their best to match the walking speed of the other.

"Your family isn't my only customer, you know? I have an army to make tools for, too." (F/n) casually points out with a shrug of their shoulders.

"Aren't you tired?" Ayato asked with a raised brow, glancing down at the feline beside him.

The said feline blinked in confusion as they took in the question that they were just asked.

"Sometimes, but it's my job... the only way I'm able to survive." (F/n) answered honestly.

A small frown slipped onto Ayato's lips when he heard the tiredness slipping from the ombre bluenette.

(F/n) then turned towards Ayato and gave a reassuring grin, a small fang poking out a bit. "But don't worry so much! I'm used to it. If I left my position as a blacksmith, who would be making yours and the army's weapons?" They stated.

Ayato hummed a bit in disappointment, not wanting to believe the feline beside him.

(F/n) looked away from the slightly older male and stared ahead, once again sipping on their boba.

"If you weren't a blacksmith, what would you consider working as?" Ayato questioned.

(F/n) gave a thoughtful look. "Honestly? I don't know. As long as I get mora to survive, it doesn't matter what job I'll take." They answered.

Ayato could tell that the other was hiding something but didn't want to bring it up, just in case it was personal.

(F/n) took notice of the time by looking up at the sky and huffed in annoyance. "Looks like I have to go back to making your clan's weapons."

Ayato shook his head and gave a smile.

"Are you free for dinner tonight?" He suddenly asked.

(F/n) froze and lightly gripped at the drink they held when they heard the question.

A blush slowly rode up (F/n)'s neck, which unconsciously went to their cheeks.

"Why are you asking?" (F/n) murmured, bringing their lips to the tip of the straw they had in their drink.

Ayato was amused to see shyness take over (F/n)'s figure since he was used to a fiery-spirited feline beside him, who did their best to sacrifice both him and his sister.

"I'm just wondering, are you?" He asked once more.

(F/n) furrowed their brows a bit, their tail flicking back and forth at unknown speeds.

"I might be able to make time, I can't promise much... though," (F/n) mumbled while looking away from the Kamisato heir.

Ayato nodded his head. "Then I'll see you tonight," he stated before walking off.

(F/n)'s eyes widened as they snapped in the direction of where they saw Ayato disappear off too.

"Wah– Hey! I didn't say that I would come! I gave it a MAYBE!" (F/n) cried out as their face was extremely flushed.

The ombre bluenette covered their face with their drink, ignoring the cold sensation that tried its best to cool down the steaming sensation on their face.

"Stupid Ayato. What the hell was he thinking about asking me to dinner tonight at the Kamisato House?" They murmured under their breath, their body trembling a bit when they remembered Ayato's concerned face that was directed at them the whole time.

Sighing heavily, the ombre bluenette finished off their drink and headed in the direction of their blacksmith shop. "Better get those swords done," they murmured.

✧˖*°࿐

Hours later, a feline figure could be seen stretching their arms over a wooden table, their head laying down on it.

Dark blue eyes stared off to the side with a tired look in them.

(F/n) released a yawn from their lips as their tail swayed back and forth in a calming nature, not at all excited to sit up and put away the weapons that were finally finished.

"Why did I take over Gramp's company again? Oh yeah... it's family-owned," (F/n) sighed in disappointment.

A groan then left the ombre bluenette's lips as they pushed themselves off of the table which wasn't comfortable at all.

"I have more orders to fulfill but those don't have to be worked on until next week, so I'm free for a short while." They grumbled.

'What the hell am I supposed to do for an entire week? I can't sit still in one area for too long unless it's work-related. This shit sucks.' (F/n) mentally complained.

Suddenly, the ombre bluenette then remembered what Ayato had asked to do and started to flush.

"Why the hell am I thinking about that stupid, smart... handsome ugly idiot with baby blue hair! Ack!" (F/n) cried out while leaning back a bit and messed up their hair, making sure not to touch the ears.

A loud squeak was heard causing (F/n) to freeze.

"Oh shit!" They exclaimed as they and the chair went falling backward.

A loud thud and screech were heard by those that passed the blacksmith.

Just a normal day for (F/n), for sure.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝