Chapter VII: Act XI

Cw: Death, blood
╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
A Memory Unforgettable
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Quiet humming was heard as the owner of the soft song rocked back and forth with not a single sliver of emotion in their blank eyes.

Footsteps echoed throughout a narrow walkway before coming to a stop in front of the humming figure's cell.

"Shut the fuck up, you stupid cat." The additional figure snapped, banging heavily on bars of metal.

This caused the humming to stop as the said person didn't reply like the annoyed other was hoping for.

A small cat tail swayed back and forth as the second figure – a man in a guard's uniform – forcefully opened the cell's door.

Reaching a hand forward, the man forcefully snatched the young figure's forearm and jerked them up onto their feet.

The sound of metal chains could be heard rattling as the young child stumbled to catch their footing.

"We're taking you to that room. I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about, right?" The guard rudely asked as he tugged the young child out of the cell.

The young child felt the pull and strain on their shoulder blade but didn't give an expression. It was normal to be treated like this, of course... or so they thought.

The guard snatched the chain that was connected to the child's chained wrists and started to drag them after slamming and locking the cell door.

Dark eyes gazed downward, not wanting to meet contact with any of their cellmates' eyes.

A quiet tsk was heard from the guard as he came in front of the room's entrance and pushed it open.

The young child squinted their eyes so that they would be able to get used to the change of brightness.

Suddenly, a voice from an intercom came from above.

"Good, you brought in Subject 25151119." A woman's voice said from a small white box in the upper right corner of the room.

"Stay here. Subject 91270966 and Subject 78012455 should be here any second," the guard grumbled while unlocking the chains around the child's ankles and wrists before leaving.

Blinking, the young child's ear twitched as they looked around the room with a blank look.

The room was plain white with three mechanical doors on the North, East, and West sides of the room. The flooring was made out of light grey styrofoam which was stiff to the touch.

"Subject 91270966 and Subject 78012455 are now here."

Dark-colored eyes drifted over to the two new figures that had entered the room not long after their owner had.

"Please head South to the room, and pick up your weapon," the woman's voice from the intercom, ordered.

The three children glanced at each other for a few seconds before heading over to the said wall, taking notice of all the weapons that were strung up onto it.

Without hesitation, Subject 78012455 picked up an axe and swung it off at the side, wanting to get used to the feeling of holding it.

Subject 91270966 was more hesitant before picking up a kitchen knife.

The young child gazed at the weapons for a few more seconds before taking hold of a handgun.

With that, the weapons disappeared back into the wall as if they were never there in the first place.