Chapter VI: XVII

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Guizhong
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"Huh, the reception is deserted. And it seems kinda spooky in here... Hello? Is anybody there?" Paimon called out.

"Welcome to Bubu Pharmacy," a child's voice piped up.

Paimon quickly turned to Aether, (Y/n), and Zhongli with a frightful look. "D–Did you hear that? Wh–Where did it come from?" Paimon asked.

"The reception, it seems," Zhongli answered.

"Aether, how about... you go check it out, and... Paimon will bring up the rear," Paimon nervously says.

Aether and (Y/n) walked up to the desk and noticed a young girl standing right behind it.

(Y/n) gave a dot-eyed expression when he realized who it was. "Qiqi..." He trailed off.

"Oh, there you are! But you can't even reach the counter! Joke's on you – Paimon floats, so height is no restriction. Anyway, there's something weird about this one over here. What's that talisman doing on her forehead? It can't be... she's.... a zombie!?" Paimon exclaimed.

Qiqi smiled. "Welcome to Bubu Pharmacy. I am Qiqi. Once upon a time, Qiqi died. Then, Qiqi was saved by the adepti. Now, Qiqi is a zombie." She explained.

"Such nonchalant delivery for a bombshell revelation," Aether states with a sweatdrop.

"Something like this would be unimaginable in Mondstadt..." Paimon whispered.

"Hello... little girl. Do you sell Everlasting Incense here?" Zhongli asked.

"Excuse me, sir. Did you bring your prescription?" Qiqi asked.

"I... Surely no prescription is needed to purchase Everlasting Incense? It's not a controlled substance..." Zhongli trailed off in confusion.

"Qiqi can get your medicine. But only if you show Qiqi your prescription. These are Qiqi's orders, from Qiqi." Qiqi retorted.

(Y/n) smiled in amusement at the young – well, not technically young – child in front of him.

"Orders"?" Aether repeated in confusion.

"Zombies are limited to acting within the confines of their orders. And somehow, in this case, the zombie issues her own orders herself. My dear Qiqi, we didn't bring a prescription, I'm afraid. But we do hope that you can still help us find some Everlasting Incense," Zhongli says.

"Okay then," Qiqi simply replied.

"How did you manage that?" Paimon asked in awe.

"But. Qiqi helps you, you help Qiqi. Only fair," Qiqi states.

"Since when do customers need to do favors for customer service staff?" Paimon asked in disbelief.

Zhongli shook his head. "Never mind, just think of it as a peer-to-peer transaction. That way everybody wins. Sometimes, in Liyue, the art of the deal is simply about victory via mental gymnastics," he explained.

"Go to Mt. Tianheng. Find the Guizhong Ballista. And hunt down a Cocogoat. Please and thank you," Qiqi ordered.

"She's playing games with us..." Aether trailed off in disbelief.

"I don't believe so. The Guizhong Ballista, at least, I have heard of before. It is a kind of crossbow turret, installed on Mt. Tianheng by an adeptus in the distant past. An early mechanical device. Located in Tianheng Pass, it was designed to automatically fire at large monsters, protecting Liyue from external threats," Zhongli explained.