Retrieval of the Divine Knowledge Capsule

(F/n) came back to (Y/n)'s side, realizing that they had practically missed the whole conversation the group was having with Alhaitham about the missing Knowledge Capsule.

Paimon seemed to notice something and brightened. "Alhaitham, before you go! We actually bought Knowledge Capsules for ourselves, but we're not sure how to use them," she piped up.

Alhaitham stared at the group before him with a raised brow. "You four want to try using a Knowledge Capsule? Sure, I can teach you. Doing so right under the Akademiya's nose is a bit problematic, though. What do you say we head to the outskirts of town."

✧˖*°࿐

Alhaitham looked around his surroundings before nodding his head. "Alright, this place works. Show me the capsules you purchased," he ordered.

"Here," Paimon says.

The group held out the capsules they purchased.

Alhaitham looked over the contents of each capsule, taking in the fact that they were all about fighting techniques.

"Hm, Swordfighting Techniques VIII, Bow Techniques IX, along with Asmodeus's Catalyst and Polearm Techniques... Combat-class Knowledge Capsules. These classes are something of a rare find these days, since most have been taken by the Eremites to augment their battle capabilities," Alhaitham states despite feeling mutely shocked on seeing the capsule that (Y/n) had.

"Really? Aw yeah, what a great buy!" Paimon cheered.

Alhaitham looked at the group in front of him. "We can conduct a controlled experiment where you three fight two battles: one before using these Knowledge Capsules, and one after. While you fight, we can use an Akasha Terminal to monitor your various physical parameters. There may be variances in your physical strength between the two tests, as well as a disparity in your opponents' abilities... But don't worry, I'll run statistical analyses afterward to mitigate any confounding effects."

(Y/n) hummed lightly as he nodded his head, looking at the capsule he held in his hand with all his attention toward it.

His head felt scrambled and started to hurt. Hearing 'Asmodeus' over and over again was starting to make sense to him. But he was confused about one thing.

Who created him?

Whenever he tried to think of anything, an image of a young-looking woman would always appear before him with soft gentle glowing hair that had streaks of green in it. But he couldn't see a face due to it being blurred out.

It infuriated him even though he never showed it on his face.

A gentle nudge on his arm made him snap out of whatever he was thinking and saw the worried look that (F/n) was sending up toward him.

Alhaitham, Aether, and Paimon didn't seem bothered by his and (F/n)'s silence as those three talked to each other.

(F/n) looked at the capsule that (Y/n) had in his hands once more. They were flabbergasted to see that someone had recorded the male's old fighting style before he had died at the hands of some old friends.

But in a way, they were glad that this information was recorded. It meant that (Y/n) would be fighting like he used to.

"Alright, let's begin the test. Just fight as you all normally do," Alhaitham finally says.

✧˖*°࿐

Alhaitham stared at the trio after they were finished with the Knowledge Capsules that they had on them.

"Alhaitham, how's it going?" Paimon curiously asked.

"Well, the Knowledge Capsules you purchased improved their combat capabilities. During the second fight, their overall fighting increased by 0.073%," Alhaitham answered as he pointed at both Aether and (F/n).