Chapter VII: Act XXVIII

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
A Tearful Departure
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

(Y/n), Aether and Paimon stayed back as they watched a very familiar feline walk up to Tomo with teary dark blue eyes.

Tomo's eyes softened as he gazed at the young teenager he had watched grow up these past several years, even if it was just him working for the other.

(F/n) fidgeted with their fingers as they tried their best to start a conversation.

The ashe-blonde took notice and softly chuckled. "Trying to figure out how to start a conversation, huh?" He lightly teased.

(F/n) stiffened before looking up at Tomo, nodding slowly with a weak smile slipping onto their lips.

(Y/n) heard someone teleport behind him, causing him to look over and notice a familiar adeptus.

"Did they finally fade away?" (Y/n) asked in a teasing tone.

Xiao lightly glared at his boyfriend before walking over to the ship that was supposed to be taking the group back to Liyue.

(Y/n) heavily sighed in amusement, knowing that the shorter was probably clingy to wanting his attention all to himself again.

Paimon and Aether sweatdropped at the duo with deadpanned expressions.

Beidou crossed her arms over her chest as she watched the group say their goodbyes to one another.

Kazuha stood off to the side with a gentle smile on his lips.

He knew how much (F/n) was dear to Tomo, so he wasn't going to walk into the middle of it.

His crimson hues drifted over to Gorou, who was currently standing beside (Y/n) all flustered.

The male quietly snickered in amusement knowing how badly Gorou had fallen for the (H/c)-haired male through the letters that the two shared at different times in life.

(F/n) felt their eyes glitter with unshed tears as they brought their hands to their side, sucking in a breath and sending a soft smile at Tomo.

Tomo's eyes widened but returned the smile with one of his own.

The feline's tail swayed back and forth behind them before wrapping around their upper thigh.

"...I'm gonna leave the shop to you, okay?" (F/n) finally says despite their voice cracking.

Tomo's eyes widened. "Are you sure?" He asked worriedly.

(F/n) nodded their head and made eye contact with Tomo's eyes. "Of course," they answered.

The ashe blonde chuckled softly at the feline before him, feeling his own set of eyes tears up.

Xiao was seen leaning against the ship, watching the emotional goodbyes with a sour look on his face.

Gorou lowered his ears as he became even more flustered. "It would've been nice to talk with you more in person," he murmured.

(Y/n) raised a brow at the canine beside him before chuckling softly.

"We can still visit, you know," the (H/c)-haired male pointed out.

Gorou gave a small nod in agreement, knowing that (Y/n) was saying the truth.

The (H/c)ette and the others could visit whenever they wanted to.

(F/n) was about to take a step back away from Tomo, but was unexpectedly pulled into a warm hug.

The feline's arms lay limp against their sides for a few seconds, unsure what to do, before lifting them and hugging Tomo back.

Tomo placed his chin on top of the feline's head.