Chapter VIII: Act XIII

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
"Reliable" Information
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"Come and have a good look yourself! Traditional spices of the highest quality, made with pride and experience!" Rama shouted.

"Haha, you've got a deal! I can't thank you enough for always looking after my business," Pooria gratefully thanked.

"Believe me, I'm not making this up. Several Eremite mercenary groups are nearly in open conflict, but does the Corps of Thirty care?" Jayant sighed, "And that's not all, did you know that..."

Paimon looked at the Port and its bustling streets in awe. "Wow, talk about hurly-burly, this place is busy! Guess that's only to be expected for the largest port in Sumeru. Uh, maybe because of what Dehya told us earlier, but Paimon can't seem to shake the feeling that there's also danger lurking in these crowds. Let's get our bearings so we can start looking for leads," she states.

(F/n) looked at their surroundings, their twitching every time their hearing caught something extremely loud.

(Y/n) hummed lightly as he kept his attention forward, not wanting to be bothered by the small businesses on the side.

"We know that whatever the Akademiya lost is related to the gods... But other than that, we don't have much else to go on. Hmm... Asfand told us to try posing as Akademiya students while asking around. Paimon checked the Akasha on the way here, and the Akademiya doesn't seem to have any research facilities in Port Ormos. Paimon doesn't get it... Won't we look even more suspicious going around saying we're Akademiya students AND asking about the stolen item?" Paimon asked as she turned toward her three companions.

Aether nodded his head. "Right, we should figure that out before doing anything else," he agreed.

(F/n) pouted in disappointment. "Aw, I can't wear the uniform Nilou gave me? Dang it," they mumbled.

(Y/n), Aether and Paimon side-eyed the feline in disbelief.

"You... you know what? Just go get changed," (Y/n) finally says as he placed a hand on his face.

"Yes!" (F/n) cheered before darting off.

Aether sweatdropped. "You let them off a lot," he points out.

(Y/n) just deadpanned. "As long as it keeps them happy and entertained for a bit, might as well."

Paimon and Aether gave the male a look of understanding. (F/n) could be too hyper for their own good.

It didn't take long for the said feline to come walking back out in the Akademiya uniform.

(F/n) gazed at the uniform in amazement as they walked up to the trio.

Paimon then made a sound of realization. "Well, given all the people that come through here every day, if there's any information found, Paimon bets we could find it in the market. Let's ask around and see what we come up with," she piped in.

The group of four decided to group up into two and take separate ways.

Aether and Paimon were grouped up.

And (Y/n) and (F/n) were grouped up.

(F/n) bite the inside of their cheek as they and (Y/n) walk up to a nearby merchant.

"Hello, ma'am!" (F/n) greeted the woman with a friendly smile.

The merchant lifted her head from behind her stall before brightening.

"Oh, hello! I believe that you're here for some questions?" She asked.

(F/n) nodded their head. "Yep! I have a few questions to ask, and I was wondering if you could help me?" They retorted.