Chapter VI: Act VII

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Mountain Shaper
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

A treasure hoarder could be seen bowing and praying right in front of a sealed-off cave that sat comfortably right behind a small pond that was up to their ankles.

Mumbling could be heard from the hoarder as he prayed out loud. "Have mercy, O mighty adeptus! I beg you... Show mercy upon me and my brother... Spare our lives!" He begged.

"What's wrong?" Aether asked, causing the man to turn and look at the trio that had come up from behind.

"Who are you? What's going on?" The hoarder asked in a hasty tone.

"We asked you first!" Paimon exclaimed.

The man gave a look of relief and pressed a hand against his chest. "...Oh! You enjoy safe passage in Jueyun Karst... It can only mean one thing! You must be adepti messengers! Sent here to rescue me and my brother!" He beamed.

Paimon gave Aether and (Y/n) a confused look. "What is he talking about?" She asked.

The treasure hoarder placed his hands together in front of the trio. "...Oh, have mercy, mighty messengers of the illuminated adepti! I beg you to save us... My brother and I, we only came here because our family is poor, and we heard tell of treasures hidden in the amber of Mt. Hulao. It was stupid of us... but all we wanted to do was find enough treasure to sell and support our family. We followed the path up the mountain, but suddenly, the amber... it swallowed up my brother, Li Dang! I ran away, and made it this far before it dawned on me: We were trespassers in the abode of the adepti, and this was our punishment... I had no idea how to rescue my brother, so I just started praying for the adepti to have mercy, right here on the spot. And now, at long last, three messengers come to my aid..." He explained.

This confused Paimon even more. "What? We're not adepti messengers... We just wanna find the adepti, like everyone else!" She exclaimed.

(Y/n) and Aether shared a look, despite the said (H/c)ette wondering why the figure before the both of them had to speak so much.

"No no no, you must be messengers... You have to be! I have no idea which amber trapped him... Please, you have to rescue him! I beg you, show me some adepti mercy!" The hoarder pleaded.

Aether gave an annoyed look at all the begging and pleading he was receiving but decided to go along.

"Of your transgression, your predicament, and your repentance, one has become aware." Aether retorted.

'He really just... went along.' (Y/n) bit back a laugh, gazing at the blonde male in amusement.

The treasure hoarder bowed low. "Thanks be to the adeptus of Mt. Hulao, and their messengers! Never will we be so foolish again..."

Paimon turned towards Aether with a smile. "Whoa, check you out! When you speak like that, you actually make a pretty convincing adepti messenger." She states.

(Y/n) smirked a bit and wrapped an arm around Aether's waist – who instantly burst into a dark shade of red.

"Of course, he does. He's pretty amazing, isn't he?" (Y/n) teased.

Paimon gave a knowing look and giggled, nodding her head in agreement.

Aether pouted lightly as he felt (Y/n)'s arm leave his waist but didn't say anything.

✧˖*°࿐

(Y/n) stood off to the side and sweatdropped, staring at the two treasure hoarders that were bowing crazily to Aether and Paimon.