Learning How to Use a Weapon

"Keep your feet shoulder length apart, Kaeya!" A scolding voice hollered from the side, red eyes staring at the two children that stood practicing right in front of their owner.

Kaeya clicked his tongue in silence as he fixed his stance before blocking an incoming claymore attack with a dull blade.

Diluc jumped backward as he raised a brow at the bluenette, wondering why Kaeya was dazed a bit before noticing a familiar (H/c)ette standing off to the side with wide (E/c) hues.

"Are you seriously trying to impress him?" Diluc asked in a disappointed tone while keeping his claymore in front of him, lowered so that he could make eye contact with his brother.

Kaeya flushed a bit due to shyness and being called out as he turned his head away from the other. "No!" He exclaimed while trying to cool his face off.

Diluc rolled his eyes at the other before glancing over at his father. "Dad?" He spoke up, capturing his father's attention.

Crepus looked over at his mini look alike and raised a brow, "Yes?" He questioned before being nudged in a direction to look over at.

Crepus turned his gaze towards (Y/n) and chuckled softly. "Do you wanna try?" He asked, scaring the said child.

(Y/n) froze in place when he was called about before his eyes stared in surprise. "Are you... sure?" He nervously asked.

Crepus gave a fatherly smile to the (H/c)ette and nodded his head, "I don't mind, you seem interested to learn how to fight." He answered.

(Y/n) blinked before a small smile slipped onto his lips and walked up to the other, worried that he might accidentally drop something.

Crepus picked up another dull blade from his side, sliding it out of its sheath before holding it out to the (H/c)ette.

(Y/n) nervously held the dull blade by its handle, staring at the cool metal that created the said weapon.

The man then glanced at his sons'. "Diluc and Kaeya, please keep training while I help (Y/n)," Crepus ordered.

"Yes sir!" Diluc replied while Kaeya just nodded his head as the both of them went back to practicing.

Crepus turned his attention back to the younger and chuckled. "I don't know if a sword fits your taste, but it's a good start on learning how to use a weapon." He states.

(Y/n) tilted his head before humming lightly, watching as his reflection stared right back at them.

"Now, I want you to go into a fighting stance with the blade right in front of you. You saw what Kaeya's stance was like, right? Copy that," Crepus retorted.

(Y/n) blinked but did so anyway, by placing his dominant foot right in front of him.

"That's perfect for a beginner. However, keep the dull part–the flat side of the blade– pointing at your face while having the sharp side of the blade facing away from you," Crepus instructed while helping (Y/n) hold onto the blade correctly.

The (H/c)ette kept quiet as he listened to the instructions that were being given to him. Honestly, holding a blade felt familiar for some reason but he couldn't pinpoint why he felt it.

(Y/n) placed his dominant hand in front before placing his least dominant hand behind it, furrowing his brows a bit at the weird but familiar feeling.

Crepus nodded his head. "Whenever you want to swing your blade, don't do it instantly. Take your time by bringing it straight down the middle of your back, aligned with your spine but sitting in mid-air. Slowly but surely bring it over your head and strike down, doing it diagonally is the same way but you have to angle almost last second."

The four-year-old child took in all the words despite confusion slipping onto his face, "Diagonally, you can do it that way?" He asked with a slight head tilt.

Crepus nodded his head as he gave a glance over to his children who were still practicing with a dull blade and a beginner claymore.

"You can also block with a blade but that takes more time since you have to twist and tilt the blade with your dominant hand still in front," Crepus added.

"Hmm." (Y/n) mumbled under his breath, glancing at the blade that sat comfortably in his hands.

Cautiously, he took a step forward with the help of pressing his feet together and swinging the blade down, following the instructions that Crepus had given him.

Crepus' eyes widened a bit in surprise. he didn't understand why, but it felt as if (Y/n) had held a blade before or something close back in another life that he possibly had.

"Is that... good?" (Y/n) nervously asked, looking up to Crepus for a sign of approval since he never really got any from his mother.

Crepus' eyes softened as he stared at the child that felt like a third son to him. "You did great, (Y/n). Keep practicing and you'll be a great sword wielder," he replied.

(Y/n)'s eyes brightened before giving a close-eyed grin. "Ehe!" He laughed out.

"Dad, we're heading inside to grab something to drink." Diluc's voice rang out, capturing Crepus and (Y/n)'s attention.

Crepus turned his attention towards his sons' and nodded. "Right," he agreed.

Kaeya then turned towards the (H/c)ette. "I'll bring you something out as well, don't worry."

"Kaeya, hurry up!" Diluc hollered.

"Oh, shut it." Kaeya mumbled under his breath before following after the bluenette who had entered the winery.

Crepus chuckled lightly at his children before turning his attention back to (Y/n). "What kind of weapons have you always wanted to learn?" He asked.

(Y/n) gave a thoughtful look as he relaxed his stance, lowering the blade to his hip.

"Polearm, maybe? Catalyst works too... I don't know," (Y/n) mumbled sadly.

Crepus placed a hand on (Y/n)'s head and gave a reassuring smile. "Whatever weapon you want to use, it's up to you and no one else," he retorted.

(Y/n) gave a sad smile as he stared at his feet. "I'll... try my best!" He replied while bringing his gaze up to meet Crepus' eyes.

Crepus nodded his head at the younger. "That's the spirit," the red-head states.

(Y/n) rocked back and forth on the heels of his feet while smiling softly. He was glad he was able to meet a father-like figure despite having such a short time with the said man.

"I promise you, I'll be the best polearm or catalyst user out there!" (Y/n) declared.

Crepus laughed. "You can do it, I believe in you."