Chapter VI: Act XXIX

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
A Reunion Between Twins
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Aether panted heavily as he fought against the Abyss Herald that had stood before an underground archon statue of Venti.

Paimon was off to the side looking at Aether in pure worry.

(Y/n) was nowhere in sight due to him staying back in Liyue.

However, that was over an hour ago thanks to the help of a man who went by the name of Dainsleif.

Clashes and little sparks could be seen on the battlefield whenever Aether's blade made a connection with the Abyss Herald's weapon of choice.

Aether slashed his blade straight down the middle just for the Abyss Herald to jump back and dodge the incoming attack.

The herald threw his arm behind him and created a portal to try and flee.

However, Dainsleif came up from the side and wrapped the power of abyssal around the herald's neck, causing him to stop and grab at the power holding him from fleeing.

Dainsleif squeezed slowly, glaring at the herald before him.

Choking was heard from the herald as he tried to breathe.

Despite this, someone came from the side and attacked Dainsleif.

Aether, Dainsleif, and Paimon's eyes widened at the new person that had come into the herald.

Dainsleif quickly dodged out of the way, releasing his hold on his enemy.

As the abyss element cooled down, the figure of Lumine could be seen with her blade covered in said element.

Aether's eyes widened in surprise and horror.

"Princess..." The Abyss Herald whispered out.

"Hey, c-could that be...!?" Paimon gasped out.

"Aether..." Lumine trailed off, gazing at her twin with a blank look on her face.

"I've finally found you!" Aether breathed out in relief.

"W–Wait, Aether... She just blocked an attack against the Abyss Herald... Your sister, and the Abyss..." Paimon trailed off, worriedly.

"Aether, why are you with Dain?" Lumine asked.

"...What?" Aether asked, confused.

"Huh?" Paimon questioned.

'We've been separated for so long...' Aether mused.

"Your sister... knows Dain, Aether?" Paimon squeaked out.

"Lumine. We meet again," Dainsleif retorted.

Paimon quickly turned to Dainsleif. "Wh–What's going on here? Dain knows her, too!"

"You shouldn't team up with this man. He is my enemy," Lumine angrily states.

"Lumine..." Dainsleif trailed off.

"Stop saying things that don't make sense, Lumine!" Aether exclaimed.

Lumine scoffed. "But it must be said... Don't try to stop me. Don't try to stop the Abyss. The man, Dainsleif, was the "Twilight Sword", one of the royal guards of the final dynasty of Khaenri'ah. 500 years ago, he failed to prevent the destruction of Khaenri'ah. A curse of immortality was laid upon him, to forever wander the wilderness... while he watched the people he was supposed to protect turn into monsters of the Abyss."

"You're saying... Dain is from Khaenri'ah!? The same Khaenri'ah that was destroyed 500 years ago!? And you said the people turned into monsters... You're trying to tell Paimon that the Abyss Order is not only related to Khaenri'ah but is actually the people of Khaenri'ah themselves!? Uh... and the whole thing about Dain being your enemy? Ohh... Paimon's so confused," Paimon complained.