Chapter VII: Act XVIII

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
The Servant's Path
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"We're gonna do it here? And what's this mechanism for?" Paimon asked, glancing at the object that sat in a field surrounded by flowers.

Yae Miko nodded her head. "Think of it as a catalyst that can reproduce the Raiden Shogun's moves. I made it from my own memory, which means it should be perfectly accurate – unless of course, her skills have declined. It'll give you a chance to figure out her moves in advance and come up with a counterstrategy. That should be a big help, don't you think?" She replied.

Her violet eyes swept by the group in front of her. "The aim is to try not to get hit by the attacks. Since you've escaped certain death at her hand once already, I presume this shouldn't be more than you can handle?" Yae Miko explained.

Aether took a deep breath, and walked over to the mechanism, starting it up.

(F/n) blinked as the mechanism started up first with electric shockwaves that reached a specific perimeter – which wasn't huge at all.

Yawning, the feline threw themselves into the tall (H/c)ette, forcing both of them to hit the grass underneath their feet.

Yae Miko glanced at the duo that had fallen to the grass beside her feet and softened her gaze upon them.

'Which reincarnation number is this again for them? I feel bad though, because of his heritage and the curse, one loses their memory and the other doesn't but follows them.' Yae Miko thought with a sigh leaving her lips.

(Y/n) mentally deadpanned at the feline that laid on top of him, but didn't say anything since he could tell how tired the ombre bluenette was after them crying out their feelings just an hour prior.

(F/n) lightly clutched against (Y/n)'s shirt as their tail is gently wrapped around the said (H/c)ette's leg protectively.

Their ears lowered as the young feline purred softly against the warmth of the slightly older figure.

Yae Miko lifted her attention and took notice of how Aether was able to win the first challenge.

"Phew, what a workout..." Paimon sighed.

"It was a little challenging," Aether agreed.

Paimon then turned towards Yae Miko. "So how come you know so much about the Raiden Shogun?" She asked.

Yae Miko hummed as she placed a finger on her bottom lip. "Perhaps it's because... I'm the Electro Archon's servant," she simply answered.

Paimon's eyes widened in surprise.

"What!? Like Dvalin is to Barbatos? Never would have guessed by looking at you..." Paimon exclaimed in surprise.

Yae Miko chuckled. "Hehe, it sounds like you'd be more persuaded if you saw me in my fox form?" She asked in amusement.

Aether nodded his head. "I'd like to see that..." He answered.

Yae Miko shook her head. "In your dreams. More curious than my appearance is the fact that she and I don't see each other anymore, wouldn't you say? "A nation to last for all eternity" is a dream that she and I both shared. But I don't think that's the same thing as complete stasis. At some point, she started going down a path that became increasingly difficult for me to join her on. You know, Ei never said goodbye to me before she stepped into the Plane of Euthymia. Perhaps it's just my wishful thinking, but I think she did this deliberately, as her way of keeping our friendship eternal. By neither saying goodbye nor seeing me again, our relationship will remain forever how it was... in her mind, at least," she sighed.