Chapter VII: Act XXIV

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Battle Before the Throne
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Signora looked over her shoulder, taking notice of (Y/n), Aether, Paimon, and (F/n), with a frown slipping on her lips.

"The way people charge in here as they please, so uncivilized... If I didn't know this was Tenshukaku, I might have mistaken it for some kind of street market. Have you learned your lesson now?" Signora huffed out while crossing her arms over her chest.

"Sara!" (F/n) exclaimed in worry.

The group's eyes widened to see a fainted Sara laying beside Signora's feet.

"Oh no, what has she done to Kujou Sara..." Paimon gasped out.

"The right to punish Inazumans for their crimes is mine alone. Not yours, Signora," The Raiden Shogun piped up in a calming voice.

Signora smiled in amusement. "...Then I apologize, Almighty Shogun," she replied.

"Signora!" Aether exclaimed.

The said woman glanced at the group once more. "I know, I know, you can't get me out of your mind. But you really don't need to call my name all the time. Don't go thinking I'm surprised to see you here. I'm well aware that you all hate me, with the way you follow me around like a dark shadow," Signora said with a sigh leaving her lips.

Aether glared at the female before him.

(Y/n) felt eyes laying up on his figure, causing him to look in the corner of his eyes.

It was the Raiden Shogun.

'What the fuck did I do this time?' (Y/n) wondered.

"You're secretly distributing Delusions..." Aether trailed off.

Signora released a breathy laugh. "Ah, so you came to expose my crimes in front of the Shogun? Hehehe... I'm just a Snezhnayan diplomat. I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about," she retorted.

"She doesn't take us seriously!" Paimon exclaimed.

"For all who have lost their Visions..." Aether mumbled.

Signora shook her head. "Stop talking about people and things that I care nothing about. They were nobodies, to begin with, and their names will be forgotten. But now, at least, they get to be building blocks in the grand revolution to realize eternity... Is that not the greatest honor they could hope for in their tiny little lives? Almighty Shogun... do correct me if I'm wrong?" She states before looking over at the said woman.

"..." The Raiden Shogun stayed silent.

"And for the people of Liyue, you imperiled..." Aether continued.

(F/n) blinked in the realization of what was about to happen.

(Y/n) growled lightly, remembering the pained expression that Venti once barred on his face.

"That's ancient history. You certainly love to hold a grudge. The Tsaritsa's dream is the noblest and purest thing in all the world. These other mundane details you insist on mentioning... They're just necessary sacrifices. That's all," Signora retorted.

"It's time for us to put a stop to this," Aether declared.

Signora glanced at the group before her and smirked. "You guys? Stop me? Hahaha... For what it's worth, I've grown tired of seeing you all around as well. But I didn't have you all down as someone quite so foolhardy. Before you go saying something you can't take back, remember that you're Inazuma's most wanted criminal... I suggest you consider your circumstances very carefully," she states.

Signora then placed a hand on her hip and sighed. "Charging into Tenshukaku uninvited and lecturing me in front of the Shogun... and how should I say this? And in front of a cursed half-godlike being who holds the secrets of this world... wasn't the brightest move. Don't you think it's time you stopped digging?" She asked as her smirk grew wider when she saw the look of terror slip onto (F/n)'s face.

'Hmph. Do you think I didn't know what he was, (F/n)? The Tsaritsa informed us Harbingers quite... well.' Signora thought in amusement.

"I'm not sure you realize quite how much distance there is between us, both in status... and in strength," Signora finished.

Aether finally decided to say something.

"I challenge you..." Aether clenched a hand to his chest before throwing it off to the side, "To a duel before the throne!" He exclaimed.

A gasp of surprise escaped Signora.

The Raiden Shogun finally decided to speak up, as she nodded her head in approval. "Proceed," she ordered.

(F/n) materialized their bow, when they realized how the room was starting to get colder.

"My, you're full of surprises today... So you've learned to make the law of the land work for you too, hmm? I'll admit that I never expected to be in a situation where the three of us were on equal footing. You all are aware... that the loser must die? Are you sure this is what you want?" Signora asked.

"Aether... (Y/n)... (F/n)..." Paimon whispered in a worried tone, glancing at her three companions.

(F/n) sent a reassuring smile at the fairy. "We'll be alright," they whispered back.

(Y/n) heavily sighed. "So many deaths by just a single group. You really are a bastard, you know that, right?"

Signora laughed. "Hehehe... then I will deign to share this last dance with you all... till death do us part," she retorted.

The group and Signora walked to the middle of the room, with the said woman laughing as if she had just told a joke.

"A lesson on Harbinger power and elegance? Hah... as you wish."

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝