Chapter VI: Act XXIII

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Heart of Glaze
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"Wow... This is the Golden House?" Paimon asked in awe as she, (Y/n), and Aether entered the said building.

"It looked impressive enough from the outside... But who would've guessed that it was even fancier on the inside... and so full of mora!! This is where all of Teyvat's mora is minted, right? In that case, maybe they won't notice a few mora go missing..." Paimon trailed off with a dreamy look on her face.

(Y/n) lightly hit Paimon's head. "We're not stealing a single mora, you sneaky little raccoon," he lightly hissed.

Paimon pouted angrily.

"Touch a single mora and we're done for!" Aether scolded.

"Ooh, so it's a trap. Tricky, tricky... Good thing Paimon's got you there! But even if we can't take any, we can still have a closer look, right? Or better yet, take a nap on top of a mountain of mora! It's like a dream come true!" Paimon beamed.

"We'd better check on the Exuvia first," Aether retorted, changing the topic back to their main goal.

"Oh, right! Back to business! It's quiet... Too quiet. Surely someone's gotta be guarding something as important as the Exuvia," Paimon agreed.

Paimon then took in her surroundings and noticed the Millelith soldiers on the ground.

"Huh!? Aether, (Y/n), look! What happened here?" Paimon asked in horror.

(Y/n) walked over to one of the fallen men and crouched, placing a hand on the fallen figure's neck.

Aether gave a worried look but felt relieved when he was given a reassuring nod from the (H/c)ette, indicating that they were still alive.

"They've been knocked unconscious!" Aether retorted.

"Uh-oh, Paimon smells trouble! Quick! We have to go make sure that the Exuvia is alright," Paimon declared.

The three quickly went up to a giant dragon that was shielded by geo-colored electricity coming out of it.

"You've already fulfilled your task as guides, so why do you still linger here? Haven't you already seen enough trouble for today? If you were Fatui, I imagine that you would be entitled to a generous reward from the Tsaritsa herself. But now, you're nothing but dross - and you're in my way," Childe's voice echoed as he walked up a set of stairs just to get to the trio.

"Looks like we're just in time then," Aether replied.

Childe laughed. "Hah! Although I'm deeply grateful to you two that I was able to effortlessly find this secret location... Don't you think that trying to stop me now would just be wasted effort? Stopping the mora mints, hiding away the Exuvia... Hahaha, the Qixing are already pulling out all the stops this time..."

"So you've been planning to take the Gnosis from inside the Exuvia all along!?" Paimon gasped out.

"As one of the Eleven Fatui Harbingers, it's my duty to see the will of the Tsaritsa fulfilled. She will get that which she desires," Childe answered.

"Not if we have anything to say about it," Aether declared.

Childe snickered. "Hah! I'm not asking for your blessing, and there's nothing you can do to stop me anyway. The time for discussion and diplomacy has already passed. I mean, if it were up to me, I would have skipped that stage, to begin with... but I'm willing to do as the Tsaritsa deems fit. Either way - we now come to my favorite part. A simple pleasure, and one that I am oh-so-delighted to be sharing with you."