Chapter 1 - Queen Elizabeth

"Girl, have you really been in front of that computer all night?"
"Yeah why?" i answer with a raspy voice.
...ok maybe i shouldn't have stayed up all night.
"You are crazy, do you know that nobody cares about the projects we carry out? especially Mr. Matthews, that sweaty, bald man can't wait to go home to sit in his smelly armchair and have a beer while watching cat documentaries" Cassie says while she goes back and forth around the apartment looking for some clothes that don't smell of alcohol, smoke... or are cleaner than those left on every surface of the house for probably weeks...or months.

"Ok alright but you won't think so when i'll on the Academy Awards stage with an Oscar in my hands and everyone will be there to compliment me for how talented, amazing, brilliant i am" i answer starting to fantasize, as always, about my future.

"Yeah...well, first of all you are too shy to give a speech in front of all those people and second of all, if you keep standing in front of that computer you will show up on that stage with glasses that will make your eyes look bigger than your face"

"Thank you boo, you're so encouragement...really. At least i won't end up walking around LA naked because my clothes are all dirty or stink because i don't want to wash them" i points out
"Ah-ah very funny" she says rolling her eyes while she tries to slip on a jeans that had probably been on her desk chair longer than Queen Elizabeth on her throne.

"Anyways, are you happy for the new course? finally you can show everyone your narcissism" i say saving in the meantime the last modifications of my project and preparing my backpack.

"Your sarcasm today is hurting me deeply, anyway yes i can't wait to show my best especially to miss Elizabeth Olsen"

"Are you still convinced that Lizzie will be our new teacher? Do you think with all her business affairs she has time to teach here?" i shake my head and roll my eyes

"Why not? after all she took a break with Marvel and aside from her new children's book she's free ... come on Y/n, admit you'd like it if she really will our teacher ... think about her... behind the desk... dressed in a suit, explaining with her sexy voic-"

"Cassie stop, it's just a stupid rumor, that's all"
but i admit, thinking of her as my teacher has a certain effect on me.

she starts laughing
"What? what's funny?" i ask
"You should be looking at yourself right now, you are blushing, i didn't know Lizzie would have this effect on you, i mean yes i know you have a crush for her but you are literally hyperventilating " she says continuing to laugh

Actually i hadn't noticed until now that i'm so hot,
i mean it's winter, what a fuck why am i sweating?

"Cassie it's not funny okay?"
"Oh yeah it is" she says without stopping laughing
"Ok fine you know what? I'm going to get a coffee in the cafeteria, you stay here laughing alone at your non-funny jokes" i say with an offended tone putting on my ankle boots and taking one last look at my casual outfit in the mirror.

My outfit: