Chapter 78 - Missy Elliott

LIZZIE'S POV

I walk the streets of NYC trying to clear my head.
I needed time for myself, to take care of my mind and my body and give me some pleasure.
My sisters are here in NYC, so Ash asked me to spend some time with her since MK is busy.
I put on my white dress and coat and walk out of my apartment.

Lizzie's dress:

We decide first to go shopping and that's a good idea, spoil myself a bit gave me the right distraction for a while

Sometimes some fans stop me to ask me for a photo and after everything that's happened these days,
it's really hard to force a smile and pretend that everything is fine.

Everywhere i walk i see her, i smell her perfume, i hear her laughter.
I look everywhere for her eyes and god knows how much i miss her, she's consuming all my senses.
I squeeze her necklace in my hands, i close my eyes just to fantasize that for a moment she's here, feeling her warmth, but when i open them again, everything disappears.
"Hey sis are you okay?" Ash asks me
"Uhm yeah don't worry" i put a fake smile
It hurts to be away from her and on the one hand i feel like it's all wrong, that this is a wrong choice and that i should be with her, but on the other hand i know it's the right thing to do.
Pain is sometimes needed, it's the lesson that changes our lives.

We decide to have lunch at George's restaurant, maybe not the best idea because everything, once again, reminds me of her.
"Where did you leave your beautiful girlfriend?" George asks me as he leads us to our table.
"Oh uhm she's busy in LA and by the way she's not my girlfriend yet anyway" i say sheepishly scratching my head.
I look at Ash and she gives me a sympathetic look, after all she knows all the situation with y/n.
"What really? And what are you waiting for? You two are absolutely in love Lizzie and trust me i'm good at noticing these things" he winks
"You should move your ass and make her a propose, trust your dear friend" he adds
I really want her to be my girlfriend but I'm so terrified right now.
I mean, nothing seems to be in our favor, our love is the only thing I'm sure of.
I wish she was sitting here in front of me, i would like to take her hand, look into her eyes, live our relationship in the light of the sun.
It's all so unfair.

While eating i get a text, i immediately grab the phone thinking it's her, but once again it's another disappointment.

It was nice last night ;)

Shit.
Please no.

"Is that her?" my sister asks and i shake my head "Uhm no, but could you take me home afterwards? i had a sudden headache" i lie
"Yeah sure, but are you sure you're oka-"
"Yes, Ash, don't worry" i cut her avoiding her gaze and making silence fall between us.

After eating i back to my apartment, i don't want to be around people, i just want to be alone surrounded by my thoughts.
That message destabilized me.
I grab the keys and open the door and then let it close behind me.
I throw my coat on the bed and go to the kitchen to get a glass of water.
"Hi" says a voice behind me, i jump in fright and turn around.
I widen my eyes in disbelief.
"W-what are you doing here?" i ask
"Didn't you miss me?"