Chapter 7 - Post-it morning

LIZZIE'S POV

"M-mom? M-mom are you h-here? Wh-why you left me alone?"
Y/n fever is so high that she delirium starting to see things that are not there, or rather, people who are not there.

Something inside of me breaks when i hear those words.
Where is her mom?
Did she really leaves
y/n? What happened to her parents?
Why doesn't there seem to be anyone here to take care of her?
I mean they should be here to take care of their daughter and instead i look like the only adult ready to rush to help and take care of her.
Maybe they both stayed in NYC, but something bothers my thoughts.
I look at Cassie who is leaning against the door jamb for answers.
"Cassie what happened to her mom?" i ask worried
She lowers her head, closes her eyes and takes a long breath and then looks at me again.
"It's not up to me to tell her story, it wouldn't be fair. But i think we should let her imagine that she really is here" i nod and then go back to looking at y/n.
"Hey babygirl it's me" i say trying to stay in the role.
My heart melts when i notice that my coat is under the blanket and she is hugging it tightly.
"M-mom i missed y-you, why d-did you leave me?"
"Hey baby i missed you too, i'm so sorry it wasn't my intention, but now i'm here, you're gonna let me take care of you right?" it really hurts me to see her like that, a person like her should only be loved.
"Y-yeah"
"Good girl" i say with a weak smile
I look back at Cassie again
"We should take her to the hospital, the fever is too high"

"Not the hospital please" she says with a little bit of fear in her voice
"Cassie the situation is serious"
"I-i know but she doesn't want- she doesn't want to go to the hospital, please try to do something, anything" she desperately begs me
Why doesn't she want to go to the hospital?
What is she hiding from me?
"Fine but if the situation doesn't get better, i'll take her to the hospital, i don't care if you or her don't want to" i say with a serious voice
"Okay, i'm sure you can find a solution, i trust you and y/n too. Can i do something to help you?"
"Yes actually, i need a wet cloth, painkillers and something to help her calm down and sleep, in the meantime i try to undress her to bring down the fever"
"Okay i take everything and be back immediately" she says and then disappears somewhere in the apartment.

"Hey babygirl now we have to take off some clothes and the blanket, so your fever will go down" i say look at Y/n, she looks like a kid right now
"B-but i'm cold" she says trembling
"I know baby but this is the only way, trust me"
She looks at me with shining eyes and then nods, slowly i take off the blanket on her, i also take off her hoodie remaining only in bra. I look at her body carefully, if it weren't for the situation i would be looking at her for hours - fuck what are you saying Lizzie, she's your student and she's a girl.
What the fuck is wrong with me?

I'm probably starting to get delirious too.
"P-please m-mom i'm cold" she says trembling even more and crying.

It's breaking my heart to see her like this.
"I know, try to be patience please, for mommy okay?"
"O-okay mom" god she makes me so tender
"Here i am, i brought everything" Cassie says as she walks back to the room
"Thank you, why don't you go to your room and try to get some sleep? You definitely need it"
"Oh no it's okay, i stay here" she says and immediately after yawns
"It's okay, i'm stay here with her, if the situation doesn't get better i'll come to tell you. Come on go and rest for a while" i say smiling at her
"Fine, but promise me Miss Olsen, if something happens, you'll come and call me"
"Promise Cassie" after that, she nods and goes to her room

I turn my attention back to y/n, take the wet cloth and gently place it on her forehead.
"Hey baby now you have to raise your head a little bit so you can take these medicines that will help you" she does as i said, i help her take the medicines, then i adjust better her pillows and put her head down again.
"You doing great baby, now try to sleep a little bit okay? I'll be here if you need me" i say with a smile
"C-can you hug me until i fall asleep?" she asks with puppy eyes.
God she's so sweet
"Of course i can baby" and after that, i settle better in her bed so i can hug her.
She puts her head on my chest and hugs me tightly to warm up.
"Better?" i asks to her
"Mmmm yes" she says, relaxing in contact with the heat of my body
"Good" i leave a kiss on her head and hold her tight to me.
Her bared torso, covered only by her bra, collides with my body and suddenly i feel a strange feeling that i think i have never felt.
Shortly after she falls asleep, i stay awake to check her fever which slowly goes down.