Chapter 63 - Long time no see

Y/N'S POV

I move repeatedly in the bed bothered by something.
Only when i stop being half asleep my ears perceive cries and whines, i wide my eyes and turn to Lizzie who wriggles complaining in incomprehensible words.
I grab my phone to see what time it is and it's the middle of the night.
"I-i'm sorry- i'm sorry- p-please don't go away!" she mumbles
"Honey p-please"
Wait but-

"Babe wake up, Lizzie come on wake up" i shake her and shortly after she jumps out of bed opening her eyes wide.
She's trembling like a leaf and her eyes are shining from tears, she turns to me and almost seems to have a vision when she sees me.
"Y/n..." her lips quiver at my name
"Hey, it's okay i'm here" i say spreading my arms, she dives into them bursting into tears and i wrap her shaking body.
"I thought-i thought i lost you" she sobs
"No babe i'm here, i'm not going anywhere" i reassure her kissing her head.
"Did you have a bad dream?" i ask and feel her nod on my chest
"Does this happen often?" i add, she raises her head to look at me with her emerald green eyes, which, even if full of tears, are still beautiful.
"Y-yes..." she whisper
"Do you want to tell me about it?" i question as i gently wipe away the tears running down her cheeks.
She takes my hand on hers and closes her eyes for a few seconds trying to relax.
"It's the usual nightmare i always have lately" she begins to tell me sobbing
"I have something to do with it, isn't it?" i say and she nods
"We fight, you tell me so many nasty things, you say it can't work between us, that i don't deserve you and leave me alone, i scream your name, i please you to stay with me, but you turn your back and walk away in the darkness.
And i won't stop you, i won't do anything more to make you stay with me and then-then i see you again in a p-pool of blood, lying on the asphalt with-with no lif-" she can't finish as she bursts into tears again
"I'm right here babe, it's okay, you are with me" i cradle her in my arms trying to calm her down.
"I think-i just think i'm so scared of losing you, i don't want to after what happened" she confesses.
"Okay hey look at me" i pull my face away to look into her eyes
"You need to move on babe okay? You're not what your memories whispering you in the middle of night Liz and you're not all the mistakes you ever made.
Everybody makes mistakes, i've been wrong with you in the past too but we can't lose control over this" i explain to her
She takes my hands and plays with them but without speaking to me.
"Hey maybe i underestimated how bad all of this made you feel, i mean the accident, my coma, must have been really hard for you but i'm here now right? Look at us babe, we are finally living our love and i couldn't ask to better" i add bringing my hands to her face, stroking her cheeks with my thumbs as she looks at me like a child.
"I love you little bear" i whisper smiling and finally a little smile comes to her face
"I love you too, so much" she says and so i bring my lips to hers popping a sweet and salty kiss at the same time for her tears.
"Shall we go back to sleep?" i propose and she nods
"But can you hug me? So if i feel you close i won't have bad dreams anymore" she asks me with those pleading eyes that i could never say no to.
"Of course ba-"
We both jump in fright as we hear loud knocking on the door from downstairs.
"What the fuck" Lizzie gets out of bed and i follow her, we go downstairs and the knocking on the door gets louder and more insistent.
"What the hell is going on?" MK questions followed by Ashley joining us
"Lizzie open the door holy shit! I know you're there!"
That voice- please no

Lizzie turns to me looking fearfully with teary eyes
"Everything will be fine" i say hugging her
"Lizzie! If you don't open, i'll break the door!" says the voice
"Come on, let's open the doo-"
"No wait-" she says cutting me off
"I'll do it, you stay behind the door"
"But-"
"Please trust me" she adds and then takes a deep breath and approaches the front door.
I go next to her, but hiding as she requested.
She takes another breath and then opens the door.
"Hi baby"
"Robbie...what are you doing here?" Lizzie asks seriously.
I can't see he well, but i feel the smell of alcohol invade my nostrils.
"It's Christmas baby! And you didn't invite me" he mumbles
"What the fuck is wrong with yo-" MK yells at him trying to attack him but Lizzie stops her
"It's okay" she whispers before turning to him again
"You should leave Robbie, you're not welcome here" she addresses him
"Baby i'm your husband, of course i'm welcome" he replies in an amused tone
"Robbie look at you, you're completely drunk" Lizzie points out to him but he bursts out laughing
"Oh come on baby, i just drank a little i was booored"
I'm getting pretty nervous
"Go away" Lizzie insists
"No, you stay with me now, you're my fucking wife"
"Don't touch me!" Lizzie yells but he tries to pull her to him and that's when i can't take it anymore and i interfere.
"Don't try to touch her piece of shit" i grind at him, when he sees me he let the grip on Lizzie's arm and looks at me dumbfounded as if he's just seen a ghost.
"You-you're still alive..." he stammers
"Yeah, i'm still alive and even if i hadn't been i would have kicked your ass anyw-"
"Wait" Lizzie interrupts but looking at him
"How do you know it?" she asks him
"What?" he asks in his turn, becoming all of a sudden nervous.
"How did you know about her accident?" specifies Lizzie
Wait a moment
Why is he surprised that i'm here, alive?
No-it can't be-
"I-i don't know what you're talking about baby" he says paranoidly rubbing a hand on his forehead.
"No instead you knew it, it was you, wasn't it? It was you who ran over her that night" she accuses him and suddenly everything seems clearer.
"Whaaat? You're crazy bab-"
"Stop calling me in that way for God's sake! I'm not your baby, i'm not yours!" she raises her voice
"Oh right, because you fuck her now aren't you? That's why you left me huh? For this lesbian whore" he says in disgust as he sips from his beer bottle.
"Don't change the subject Robbie, you wanted to fucking kill her! Jesus you could have killed her!-" Lizzie lunges at him but i grab her by the hips and pull her back while she wriggles trying to break free from my grip.
"Leave me! this asshole deserves to die! I-i could have lost you forever because of him!" she screams in tears while i hold her, hugging her tightly.
"It's okay, shhhh calm down now that's not how things are going to change" I cuddle her in my arms trying to make her relax
"He-he wanted to kill you-i-i-" she stammers in desperation
"Hey look at me" i say stepping in front of her
"Look at me i'm here okay? I'm here with you, he tried but he couldn't divide us, it's you and me, understand?" i take her face in my hands and leave a kiss on her forehead and only at this her body stop shaking.
"You really disgust me" he comments
"Are you sure you're not the one sucking here?" i answer turn towards him
"It's all your fault, you're sick"
"Don't talk to her like that Robbie" Lizzie scolds remaining in my arms
"Why shouldn't i? Oh Lizzie don't tell me what i think" he says, moving back and forth agitatedly.
"She's my girlfriend okay? She makes me happy and gives me everything you never gave m-"
"Bullshit! Jesus Christ you prefer her, you invite her at your dad's house! That's disgusting, you come with me now" he violently grabs her by the arm pulling her towards him but i push him away throwing a punch in the face, spilling his beer on his shirt.
"You bitch" he murmurs
"I told you not to touch her" i yell at him
"Are you fucking kidding me? You fuck my wife! Do you hear me? She's my fucking wife!" he attacks me giving me a punch making me fall to the ground, grabs Lizzie digging his nails into her skin and causing her pain that she expresses in desperate tears.
"Robbie let me go! Robbie please" she cries as she struggles to free herself from his insistent grip.
"Please let her go" her sisters also beg him while i try in pain to get up from the ground.
"I swear to god i'm going to put you behind bars! I swear to god Robbie" Lizzie yells at him
He laughs, brings his face closer to hers with a smirk.
"Oh and then what are you going to do Lizzie? Tell everyone the truth huh? Tell everyone you're fucking your student?" he says satisfied
"I don't care, i'll do anything to get revenge, you're just a drunk asshole" she affirms angrily
"No you won't, you know you won't.
You know that by ruining my life, you'll ruin yours and that stupid little girl's too.
It doesn't suit you and you know that right?" he whispers bringing his lips close to hers to kiss her but i get up from the ground in time to push him away, he looks at me with a menacing look and then pounces on me, i try to defend myself but he's too strong.
"Leave her alone!" i hear screaming behind me before feeling two strong arms pull me back away from him.
I see Trent and Jake grab Robbie violently to carry him away
"I'll make you regret it understood? I swear i'll ruin your fucking life!" he yells as he's carried away. 
The arms let me go and i see that it's Lizzie's father.
"I'm sorry sir" i say to him
"It's not your fault darling, actually thanks for defending my daughter" he gives me a sympathetic look, i turn to Lizzie and i see her destabilized as she looks at a point into the void.
"Hey are you okay?" i ask coming closer her trying to hug her but she moves away, then she looks at me, reaches out a hand on my cheek caressing it.
"You need to be medicated, come with me" she just says, but her tone doesn't show any kind of emotion.
I place a hand on my cheek and see blood
"Oh yeah..." i state, she goes to the bathroom and so i decide to follow her.
"Sit" she says pointing to the tub, so i sit on the edge of it while she takes the emergency kit.
She comes closer to me, places two fingers under my chin and gently lifts my face.
I look at her as she's focused on healing me, and she's just beautiful.
"This might hurt a bit" she warns me, puts a cotton ball on my cheek, just below my left eye and starts disinfecting the wound.
The only thing that actually hurts me is to see her silent and thoughtful and i would like her to share her thoughts with me.
I look down and see her bruised arm.
"Babe your arm, it needs to be hea-"
"You can't cure this" she cuts me off as she peels off a plaster and gently places it on my wound.
I don't know if she was actually referring to her bruises or her heart, but one thing i'm sure of is that tonight Robbie hurt her not only physically but also emotionally.
She takes her things and turns away, but i try to stop her.
"Liz talk to me" i beg her, but she doesn't turn to me
"I'm already doing it" she says
"No, you don't" i point out, she lets out a heavy sigh.

She turns to me and her eyes can hardly hold back the tears.
"Hey...come here" i say pointing to sit next to me, she joins me and sits down starting to fiddle with her fingers.
"I don't know what to do, i hate to admit it but he was right before, i would end up risking everything, my career, my life and especially you but i-i don't want him to hurt you, i don't want, if he did something to you i-i-" she bursts into tears and my heart aches to see her like this
"Hey he can't do anything to us okay?
Not if we stay together, i promise we'll find a way to fix this, he can't threaten you and he can't force you to stay with him i'll never let him"
"You're risking everything for me, even your life and i don't-i don't want anything bad to happen to you" she says between sobs
"Liz you mean everything to me, i would risk my life for you everyday" i explain
"Why?" she asks me
"How can the only reason that keeps me alive not mean everything to me?" i smile at her, then i gently take her arm and bring my lips closer leaving kisses on every bruise.
She watches me carefully as i take care of her.
"I love you, i love you so much and no one can take you away from me" she whispers to me, i lift my head to look at her and wipe away the last tears that run down her face.
"I know, and i love you too little bear" i bring my lips to hers to kiss her but she jumps and pulls her face away
"Hey look at me, i'm not him" i say looking into her eyes
"I'm sorry, it's that-i felt disgusted earlier when he-he kissed me-i wanted to do something but i-i couldn't" she admits
"I know babe, but it's not your fault, none of this is your fault" i get closer and this time she lets me kiss her softly and cradles herself in my arms.

"Let's go to sleep?" i propose
"You're gonna hold me all night right?" she asks me with pleading eyes
"Yes, yes i will hold you all night, i promise" i say and she nods
"Let's go" i take her hand and lead her to the bedroom.

I stay awake until she falls asleep, when i finally see her sleeping in peace i fall asleep too holding her in my arms.

....................................................................................

A/N:

Hiiiii guys how are you?
Hope you're fine

Did you see Lizzie at ComfestCon in Kuwait? i'm so happy she saw how she's overwhelmed with love from us.

But let's go back to the story, someone is back🫣
What do you think? What do you think will happen with his character?
Tell me everything in the comments

See you in the next chapter
Love y'll🤍