Chapter 55 - Hot n cold

LIZZIE'S POV

"And here we are, welcome home babe" i say opening the doorway and putting down her suitcase and backpack.

I turn around and see her standing on the doorstep, hesitating whether or not to come inside the house.
During the journey in the car she was so quiet and i admit that there was tension that made even me uncomfortable.
What if she regrets coming here?
"Hey are you okay?" i ask carefully approaching her, she looks at the floor scared to meet my gaze.
"Do you prefer to go to your home? I can give you a lift if you want, no problem-"
"No, no it's fine, i want to stay here" she says, however still hesitating in front of the door.
I caress her cheek and at my touch she relaxes a little, just enough to lift her head and look at me.
"Are you saying it for me or because you really want it?" i ask her
"I want to stay here Liz, really, it's just-" she looks around and seems intimidated by my house
"Did you get any memories back?" i ask confused
"Uhm no, no i don't think so, it's just- i don't know - it's all new and strange, i mean i'm at the house of a celebrity. Maybe i just need to get used to it" she says trying to convince herself more than me.

Even if for a moment from her gaze it seemed she had remembered something, of what had happened here, but maybe it's just my impression.
"How about we start by showing you your room?" i kindly suggest her
"Okay" she nods
I approach and leave a kiss on her head.
"Come on let's go" i whisper
I stay beside her making sure she doesn't fall or get hurt and we arrive in front of the guest room.
"I thought i'd let you stay here so you don't have to go upstairs and the bathroom is nearby so you don't have to walk so much" i explain as i open the door.
"Oh so am i going to sleep here?" she asks playing with her fingers
"Uhm yeah...don't you like it? we can always-"
"No no it's okay, i mean it's perfect just that-uhm yes here-nothing never mind" she says looking down
"Please tell me what's going on in that little head, what's wrong?" i approach her
"Well uhm-i was thinking of sleeping with you" she says visibly embarrassed but that's exactly what makes me smile like an idiot.
"Hey" i say resting a finger under her chin so she can look at me
"We can always sleep together, if you want of course" i add and she blushes even more than before
"O-okay..." she stammers
"Anyway thanks Liz, you shouldn't have bothered so much" my heart can't help but leap for joy hearing her call me by my nickname, it's been a long time since i was just Elizabeth to her, the one who broke her heart.
"It's not a problem honey, i'd do anything for you" i say pulling her close to me and hugging her waist.
"My beautiful beautiful y/n, you always look so scared when you're here" i say moving a lock of her hair behind her ear.
"I wish you didn't" i whisper kissing the tip of her nose and giving birth to a beautiful smile on her face.
"You're not bad too Olsen" she says ironically
"And i'm not scared, i feel safe with you" she points out
"So what would you like to do? Even if i wouldn't mind being like this forever"
"Forever? It's a long time Olsen, you know?" i missed this version of her, even her teasing me
"Not with you" i affirm and i see a sparkle in her eyes, as if they had come back to life.
"You know what? I actually think i need a shower, even if i mean getting washed by the nurses wasn't that bad" she says, but i see a smirk on her face
Is she trying to make me jealous?

Okay Lizzie try to be quiet or you'll end up saying things you'll regret.
I'm kind of happy that she's opening up to me again to the point of joking and teasing me, but i still hate the idea of ​​all those nurses touching her.

"Good, then i'm going to prepare everything for you in the bathroom" i say pulling away from her and heading towards the door, but then something comes to mind and i turn towards her with a smirk.
"Do you prefer hot honey?" i asked amused as her face turned completely red.

Look who's smiling now

"W-what?" she asks almost on the verge of choking with her own saliva while i try to hide a smirk.
"The water babe, i mean the temperature of the water" i precise still amused by the scene.
"Oh uhm yeah, yeah it's fine" she says looking away embarrassed as i walk out of the room letting out a giggle.