Chapter 25 - Peace cookies

"Hey"
"What are you doing here Y/n" she says so coldly
"Uhm well Julian and i made our delicious cookies and thought we'd bring you some. Oh anyways he's Julian, my neighbor's son and Julian she's Lizzie" she looks at me and then turns her gaze to the little one, showing him a soft smile.
"Hi little one, nice to meet you" she says kneeling at his height
"Hi Lizzie, you're so so so beautiful" says Julian and she turns red
"Thank you Julian and you're so cute" she says ruffling his hair making him giggle.
Lizzie then gets up and looks back at me, but her smile disappears when our eyes meet.
"Did you really bring a kid thinking that this was enough to solve everything?" she's definitely mad
"Liz-"
"Just because i can't yell at you or make you feel the bitch you are because of him, this doesn't mean i'm not mad at you" she whispers so as not to be heard by Julian.
I really hurt her.
"Y/n?" Julian calls me pulling my coat
"Mmm?"
"You should give her the flowers we bought" he says
"You're right" i smile at him and pull the bunch of flowers we bought for Lizzie from behind my back, hand it to her and luckily she takes it.
"This is for you" i say, she smells the flowers
"Thanks" again she's so cold with me, but smiles to Julian
"Would you let us in?" i ask to her playing with my fingers
"I thought you didn't want to go inside my house"
"Please Liz, not for me but for Julian. He was so excited to come here" i explain, she looks at me for a moment and then moves away so that we could walk in to her house.

Once inside, all that fear i had of her house disappears in one second. Yes, it's a big house and the rooms seems so large, but all in all it's a very normal house, which perfectly reflects her. I thought for some strange reason that i would find myself in a house where i would be uncomfortable, where richness would remind me how much i'm nobody compared to her and instead i find myself in a house where there is only simplicity.

"Sorry, surely Aubrey's will be better, maybe you should have gone to her" she says while she finishes putting the flowers i brought her into a pot.
Is that a shot at me right?
"Liz please, let me explain" i beg her
"Stop it y/n, i don't want to hear a single word from you"

God, how am i supposed to be forgiven if she doesn't even want to talk to me?
"I'm hungry" says Julian embracing my leg with his little arms
"Well you deserved a cookie after all, if Lizzie wants to give you one" i say
"Yes sure, follow me little one" says Lizzie holding Julian's hand and taking him to the kitchen, ignoring me completely.

Even if i'm disappointed that she left me behind alone, i smile at the sweetness with she treats Julian.

"Eat as many as you want"
"And you don't eat them?" asks Julian sadly
"Of course, i'm going to fix me a little first, i'm a mess" she says getting out of the kitchen but i stop her take her arm, she turns and for a moment i thought she was attacking me but she remembered Julian is right here.
"Please don't go away, you are beautiful just the way you are, stay here with us" i say with a weak smile and luckily it seems to work because she decides to stay.
"Come one, sit down with us" i add, moving a kitchen stool so she can sit down and she does as i say.

I'm going to sit down too, in front of her while Julian hands her a cookie.
"Try it, i'm sure you'll like it" i say smiling
"We made them with a lot of looove, y/n wanted to make them with a heart's shape to show you how much she loves you" adds Julian making me embarrassed, but thanks to him i see a little smile on Lizzie's face that she tries to hide.

She bites the cookie, i look impatiently looking for an answer in her expression.
"So how is it?" i ask anxiously
She raises her head to look at me seriously, but then a weak smile appears on her face.
"It's really good, but i'm sure it's because of Julian, isn't it little one?" she says, caressing his face, he rests his cheek on her hand, closing his eyes and relaxing at Lizzie's touch.
Lucky boy.
"Well i can't blame you, the only real chef here is Julian" i say and all three of us laugh.
God her laugh, is so good to hear.
And especially, she laughs because of me, this is a big step.