Chapter 99 - Rumors

Y/N'S POV

"Let me fix that" she whispers, adjusting the collar of my shirt.
I meet her gaze and find myself lost in her emerald green eyes.
"You're stunning" she murmurs, wrapping her arms around my neck as i draw her closer by the hips.
"Well you're not so bad too Olsen" i confess with a wink.
She giggles, and then our lips meet in a soft, tender kiss.
"I'm incredibly proud of you honey. Today is all about you, my love, and you deserve every bit of it" she says, her voice filled with tenderness.

Your and Lizzie's outfit:

"My beautiful beautiful Elizabeth" i whisper, bringing my hand to her cheek, caressing it as she blushes at my touch

"After today, we won't have to hide anymore. We've waited for this moment for so long Liz, and now it's finally here. Nothing and no one can come between us anymore" i say, as a wide grin spreading across my face
"Yeah, you're right" she replies, but her tone lacks the enthusiasm i expected.
She avoids my gaze and her expression troubled
"Hey, i thought you were happy about this too" i say softly, reaching out to gently lift her chin so she meets my eyes.
"I am, y/n, i really am" she assures me, but her nervousness is evident
"It's just- i'm a little worried, that's all" she confesses
"Worried? About what, Liz?" i ask confused

She hesitates for a moment, as if searching for the right words.
Finally, she looks up at me with a little smile.
"You're right, we've waited so long for this moment" she says, pressing a kiss to my cheek
"And it's not fair to let fears and doubts overshadow it, right?" she adds smiling nervously
As she moves away to grab her bag, i can't shake the feeling that something is bothering her.
"We better get going, we don't want to be late" she adds rushing out, as she seems eager to escape the uncomfortable atmosphere.
I let out a sigh and follow her lead.
As we reach the exit, Cassie is waiting for me, accompanied by a sleek luxury car parked behind  her.
"What the hell is this?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at the sight

"Oh it's our car, my friend. I figured on such a special day, we couldn't show up on your motorbike" she explains excitedly, opening the car door for me.
"You're crazy, you know that right?" i remark, shaking my head as i climb into the car and turning my attention to Lizzie
"See you at the ceremony?" i inquire
She nods, a smile lighting up her face.
"Of course honey, i'll be there" she assures me, leaning in to give me a kiss.
"Be careful" she adds, her voice soft with affection as i gently stroke her hair in response.
"I love you" she whispers, her words warming my heart.
"I love you too" i murmur, feeling lost in her gaze once again.
Before we can linger any longer, Cassie interrupts, making us both giggle.
"Alright, lovebirds, let's get moving!" she exclaims playfully.
I give Liz a final smile before turning to Cassie.
"I better get going. See you in a few minutes" i say, feeling a sense of excitement building within me.

——————————

As i step out of the car with Cassie, the anticipation of the graduation ceremony fills me with excitement. But as we walk around campus, a strange feeling gnaws at me.
It's like if something is off, like a shadow lingering in the corners of my mind.
I can't shake the sense that everyone we pass is staring at me, their whispers and giggles following us.
Cassie notices my unease and nudges me gently
"Hey boo, are you okay?" Cassie notices my unease and nudges me gently
"Yeah, just nerves, I guess" i say forcing a smile and trying to brush off that sensation