Chapter 84 - Indecent Proposal

Y/N'S POV

"Who is?" i ask her, looking at her
"Robbie..." she answers, in a trembling voice
I sigh deeply standing up and running my hand through my hair.
"Well he has perfect timing..." i grumble sarcastically
"He want to see me-"
"No Lizzie, no it's not going to happen" i reply firmly
"Listen to me" she begs me
"No, i'm not letting you go to that asshole, not after what's happened, no-"
"Hey please listen to me" she stands up and grabs my face in her hands, i look up and my eyes are already watering.
"Maybe it's better to talk about it at home, what do you think?" she whispers softly, stroking my cheek gently.
I nod, but i perceive in her eyes the same pain that i thought i had relieved in her, or at least for a while.
"I'll wait for you at the end of the street so no one will see us" she leaves me a quick kiss and collects her things leaving the classroom without saying anything else.

I sigh and leave the classroom too.
As i walk i try to calm down and be reasonable, even if i wouldn't mind hitting that asshole again.
But i can't, i made a promise.
Without getting too noticed, i get into Lizzie's car, she doesn't look at me or say anything, she just stays focused on the road ahead of her.
I can feel the interweaving of her thoughts in her head, making her tense, as she grips the wheel and taps on it, as her fingers flick her hair nervously from side to side, as she looks around her with shining and tired eyes, the jaw clenched, the whole body in tension.

She parks the car and turns off the engine, but without opening the door.
"Could you give me five minutes?" she asks me, almost whispering.
I nod, i don't want to argue with her
"Thank you" she says, turning to me with loving eyes and kissing my hand.
I get out of the car and walk up to the house, take off my coat and go to the kitchen to make two cups of tea.
This situation is frustrating for me, i dare not imagine for her.
I don't want him to hurt her again, what if things get out of hand this time?

Just as i'm about to sit down on the sofa, i see her come in and close the door, keeping her gaze down.
She takes off her coat and then walks over to me, i make room next to me and she sits down, but it's like there's a bubble around her.
"Tea?" i ask, she nods as she grabs the cup and warms her hands with the warmth of it.
We both remain quiet.

"I want this to end. I don't want to deal with him anymore and i want a divorce" she says out of the blue, staring at the floor
"I know" i say, grabbing her hand and stroking it with my thumb.
She looks first at our hands, then looks up to meet mine and that's when i notice her emeralds are bottled in wet, shiny patinas, ready to flow down her cheeks.
"You love me right?" she questions
"Of course i do babe" i say gently
"Promise me then that you will trust me and that you will stay by my side, whatever i decide to do" she looks me straight in the eyes
"But i-"
"Promise me" she cuts me, cupping my cheek with her hands and so i just nod.
"I need to see him" she affirms
"What? No Liz-"
"You promised, please let me explain, i have a plan" she tells me, i sigh nervously
"I need him and i to see each other, alone, so he can act like he always has.
That way i'll have proof" she explains
"Lizzie are you seriously thinking about letting him hit you again?" i ask baffled
"Listen to me, nothing dangerous will happen to me okay? But i need it to be this way or we won't have proof. I'll call the police and explain the situation so if something happens they'll be ready to intervene. We'll have microphones and cameras placed around the house so Robbie will be caught red-handed and arrested." she looks so sure of her plan, but her voice doesn't drown out her fear of what might happen.
"I-i don't know Liz, this-this see-"
"Hey look at me" she caress my cheeks
"Everything will be fine okay? Trust me, i need you by my side now, please. If anything happens you'll be out there to save me okay?" she tries to reassure me with her gaze, i close my eyes for a moment swallowing and trying to be understanding.
"Please" she pleads me again, with a cracked voice
"Come here" i gently take her hands and move them from my face to my hips and hug her tightly in my arms.
"Okay, i trust you. I'm with you babe, no matter what" i whisper
"Thanks honey, i promise you everything will be fine" i'm not sure of that, but one thing is for sure, i'll do anything to put that asshole in jail.