Chapter 95 - A headlight on her head

Y/N'S POV

"Hey guys, not there! Not there! Can you please-shit!" i see Lizzie, deeply frustrated and nervous, trying to direct everyone for the show.
I decide to go get her a cup of tea to help calm her nerves, when i return to the classroom, i find her with her hands in her hair, looking completely exhausted.
"Uhm professor, i thought this might be good for you" i whisper as i move closer to her.
Upon hearing my voice, she looks up and manages a small, tired smile.
"You are my savior" she whispers, taking the cup of tea from my hands
Our fingers touch, creating a moment of electricity between us.
"Do you have a solution for this too?" she whimpers, pointing to the stage.
"You're doing great, Liz. Everything is perfect. You really have nothing to worry about" i encourage her, but she almost seems to want to disappear into that cup of tea.
"I have my doubts, honey. I mean, i've never done something like this, and i don't know how to handle it. I just wish everything was perfect for you guys and i-i"
"Hey hey, you're overspeaking baby, so now listen to me okay?" i whisper, interrupting her and she nods
"Okay, now take a deep breath" i suggest, and she does as i tell her.
"Perfect, and now look at me. I know this is something new for you, okay? But listen, teaching was also a new experience for you, and look now, we are at the end of your course, and we are all satisfied and happy to have participated. I mean, you even managed to change my mind and give me the courage to go up on that stage. So breathe and calm down because everything is perfect, you're perfect and you know what? You're the best professor i ever had " i explain.
I would really like to hug her to give her comfort, but we can't.
"If we weren't here, i would have already kissed you, you know that?" she says, smiling at me.
"Oh, we will have time for this" i whisper with a smirk.
"Thank you, y/n, really" she says tenderly.
"Oh, you're very welcome, professor" i say, marking the last word.
We conceal our smiles as we become lost in each other's gazes, and everything around us seems to fade away, or at least until we're abruptly interrupted by a voice calling out to me from behind. Judging by the swift change in Lizzie's expression, i can tell who it is.
"Can you help me rehearse my lines? I mean, I'm obviously ready, but it wouldn't hurt for me to be more composed, you know?" Becky asks, a mischievous smirk playing on her face as she challenges Lizzie with her gaze.
"Uhm, actually uhm-well-"
"Oh, come on! I'm sure you don't have anything better to do right now!" Becky exclaims, placing her hand on my shoulder.
Lizzie's heavy breathing grows louder, indicating her growing frustration.
"Becky, can't you ask someone else?" I try to divert the situation.
"I need someone i trust, and you're the only one" she insists, this time grabbing my hand.
I'm really not sure how to act in this situation.
I mean, it's pretty clear that she doesn't like me, so why she keeps trying?
It's almost like she sees this as a challenge.
"Becky what an honor to have you back here" Lizzie says as she positions herself next to me and puts her hand on my shoulder.
"Oh Miss Olsen, how i missed you" Becky responds, equally sarcastic, as she lets go of my hand.
"I thought I would never see you again. Actually, I was deciding who to replace you with" Lizzie says, taking a few steps towards Becky and hiding me behind her, claiming her territory.
Oh that's my woman
"Oh Miss, I couldn't have missed the show and the graduation ceremony. My father gave me a trip to Paris for a few months, but now here i am!" Becky exclaims, trying to come back to me, but Lizzie tackles her like a rugby player.
"I'm happy for you, Becky, really. But do you really think you're ready for the show? I can always-"
"Oh, no, don't worry. I'm more than ready, and with y/n's help, I'll be even better, right, darling?" Becky says to me, teasing Lizzie's patience.
"Oh yeah i'm sure of that. Y/N is truly talented, she has excellent oral skills, i mean, when it comes to acting, of course" she adds with a husky voice.
She just says-oh my god
I notice Becky's jaw clenching, unsure of how to react.
"Don't worry, darling, I'll send her to you immediately. I just need to give her some paperwork. Come on go go!" she practically shoos Becky away and with a snort, Becky walks off.