Chapter 59 - Peace love and misunderstanding

LIZZIE'S POV

* A/N
I wrote this chapter listening to "House song" by Searows in case you want to get into the mood :)

I wake up warmed by the rays of the December sun.
I move on the bed and then i open my eyes trying to make up my mind.
I think about what happened tonight and a smile crosses my face.
I feel so at peace, so loved.
I've been dreaming of all this for so long,
waking up next to her, finally with no more obstacles between us.
I turn away to look at the love of my life, but when i actually turn around, her side of the bed is empty.
Oh this hurts.
I've spent the last few years waking up every morning alone, without two arms to dive into, without the warmth of a body next to me and i honestly thought it would finally be different with her.
I didn't think it would be like this after our first night together.
Where did she go?

I get up, put on a dressing gown and go to look for her.
I check in the bathroom, but the door is open and nobody is there, so i decide to go into the living room and i find her there, sitting in front of the lit fireplace.
What is she doing here instead of sleeping with me?
"Good morning" i say behind her, she turns her head to look at me.
"Oh good morning Lizzie" she says as she returns to putting some wood in the fireplace.
"What are you doing?" i ask
"Uhm i'm trying to get some heat, it's kinda cold her-"
"No i mean what are you doing here instead of being in bed with me" i say slightly annoyed
"Oh, sorry did you want me to be there with you?"
"Well yeah actually, i thought i'd wake up and find you next to me. It hurt me to see your empty space" i explain
"Shit, i'm so sorry little bear it's just-" she gets up and turns towards me, but without meeting my gaze and playing nervously with here fingers.
"Well you see - i'm used to people leaving me alone after having sex with me or worse like Aubrey telling me that having sex with me sucks and that i'm too morbid with her"
My God how can you say such a thing to her?
I got annoyed for nothing
"Babe..."
"I'm sorry Liz is just - i was scared to try something like that again so i woke up and came here so if that happened it would have hurt me less" she says and i immediately run to hug her and she lets herself go between the my arms.
"I'm sorry babe, i didn't know it, i got mad at you for nothing it's just that i've been dreaming of waking up next to you for a long time"
"Really?" she asks, looking up and looking at me with the eyes of a lost puppy.
"Of course, you don't know how long i've been waiting for this, your cuddles, your hugs, and your kisses" i say bringing my lips close to hers and giving life to a sweet kiss.
God i don't want to leave her lips anymore.
I pull away but i hold her face in my hands.
"Hey i'm not them okay? i'm not your ex and i'm not Aubrey, i'm here with you and i'm not going anywhere. I've spent the last few years waking up in an empty bed too but now we'll wake up side by side to the other and we'll fill that emptiness that we've felt for so long" i reassure her and she in return doesn't say anything but hugs me tightly.
"And by the way, it was the most amazing sex of my life" i say biting her earlobe and feel her giggle on my shoulder.
"I'm so in love with you Olsen" she whispers melting my heart
"I'm in love with you too honey"
We remain embraced, while the warmth of the fire warms us and the last drops of rain fall from the tiles of the roof.
"Come with me" i say taking her hand and she nods, i smile and drag her with me to the bedroom.

We get into bed, under the covers and i impatiently approach her to hug her, i rest my head on her chest while she plays with my hair.
"See that's better than everything" i say closing my eyes and relaxing.
"Hey Liz i wanted to say sorry about yesterday, i was really rude with you and you didn't deserve it" she apologizes
"Babe it's fine okay? I understand, you were mad at your father"
"No Liz that man brings out the worst part of me and i don't like it going out with you, you surely must have felt guilty and i don't want to" she says seriously
"Well yeah i'm a little afraid of making a mistake with you lately, i don't want to ruin everything between us, especially now" i tell her sincerely, maybe talking about it can help me
"It's not always your fault just like it's not always my fault, we should stop shouldering blame that isn't ours. You've done wrong in the past and surely did i too but it's over now, i've forgiven you and i want you to feel completely free with me okay?
Let's not make this relationship toxic, rather let's talk when there are problems but let's not vent on the other"
I lift my head to look at her, i bite my lip and smile, when i'm with her all i do is smile like an idiot.
"What?" she asks me smiling too
"Sometimes i think i don't deserve you" i tell her
"Liz...we deserve each other, we deserve to be happy together, our time has finally come" she strokes the dorse of my back making me shiver.
I don't know who sent me this wonderful angel, but i will be forever grateful.
"I fucking love you y/n y/l/n" i exclaim as i dive into her lips and hers.
I straddle her while she supports me by placing her hands on my ass.