Chapter 6 - Keep warm

I don't know how long it's been since we've been here, maybe hours but i don't care, it's all so beautiful that almost seems like a dream.
Lizzie and i are enjoying each other's company, talking about everything, laughing every time one of us said or did something funny.
She is so ... unique.
She always finds the right words to make you feel better, has a great sense of humor and she's so sunny, her smile cheers you up.
"So you're italian?" she asks
"Yes, i was born in Italy and i lived there my childhood then my- well i moved here, specifically in New York and after high school i moved here to LA to study"
"Oh tell me you know how to cook, i want so much to learn about Italian recipes" she says like a kid
"Yeah to be honest i'm very good at cooking" i say bragging me a little bit
"Good you'll help me one day" she winks at me
God this woman is insane
"And when you met Cassie?" she adds
"I met Cassie in New York, she was the first person i met there and then we became so close. We've become inseparable, she's my other half. She has always been close to me, even in the most difficult moments. She's the only one i can really count on and trust blindly" i say with a smile
"I can see it, she really loves you and she looks like a wonderful person, she's full of energy and life, i'm sure it's good to have someone like her by your side" she says
"Yeah, she really is. You know when you came in class yesterday she couldn't believe it, she always admired you as an actress and you are a role model for her. She was so excited that you'll be our new teacher"
"And you? What did you think when you saw me?"
she asks, placing her face on the palm of her hand to look at me carefully, waiting for my answer.
Her gaze is so magnetic, she looks at me with a sparkle in her eyes.

I almost choke with my water at her question.
"Oh honey, don't tell me i embarrassed you, come on tell me, were you excited that i was going to be your new professor?" she asks bits her lip and with a raspy voice.
Is she trying to flirt with me?
"I-i-" i can't speak, it's like suddenly i've lost the ability to speak and she almost seems to know the effect she has on me.
She starts laughing and i look at her confused
"Oh i'm kidding y/n, sorry but it was so funny to tease you, you should have looked at your expression" she says keeping laugh
"I hate you Elizabeth Olsen" i say pretending to be offended
"Oh, really?" she asks, stopping laughing and looking at me like a puppy.

No no no i didn't mean to hurt her.
"No Lizzie i'm joking, i could never hate you" i say smiling at her and a huge smile appears on her face
"Good because i would have change your mind anyway"
"Oh really and how would you do it?" i asks
"I have my techniques, wish you never have to find out" she says and...is she looking at my lips?

There is something in her answer that made me feel something and this time not in my stomach.

We stay to talk a while longer, enjoying each other's company, until i start to shiver and she notices it.
"Hey are you cold?" she asks worried
"It's okay Lizzie i'm fine" i say reassuring her
"No you're not, you're trembling. Here, take this"
she says, getting up to put her coat over my shoulders.
"Oh you didn't have to" i say
"Stop it Y/n, you need it more than me, maybe i should take you home, you need to rest" she says stroking my shoulders to warm me up.
"Don't worry, i can call a tax-"
"Can you just take a favor from me without arguing?" i can't see her because she's behind me but i'm sure she's very serious right now.
"Fine"
"Thank you" she says quickly leaving me a kiss on my head
S-she did she really do it?
"Uhm come on let's go" she says embarrassed

——————————-

The drive home is fairly quiet, broken only by me giving directions to Lizzie.
Even in silence there is no embarrassment, i just feel good with her.

The temperature in my body seems to decrease more and more, Lizzie notices it in fact she turns up the heat in the car and gently puts a hand on my leg caressing and trying to warm me up a little more... and yeah it's definitely work.
The journey seems to be short in fact after some minutes we arrive under my apartment.
"Here we are..." i say trying to waste time
"Sure you don't need something?" she asks
"No don't worry, there's Cassie but thanks Lizzie, for everything"
"Oh don't even say it, i'm happy to help you and thanks to you, i had a great day. Promise me you'll eat dinner"
"Under your orders professor" i say making her laugh
"Uh your coat" i say realizing that i still have it on
"No no keep it, i don't want you to get cold on your way home"
"Are you sure?" i'm actually happy that she told me to keep it, it has her perfume
"Yeah don't worry, see you tomorrow?" she asks and her eyes look hopeful
"Yes, see you Lizzie" and then i feel embarrassed, i don't know what to do, if to hug her, shake her hand so i decide to just smile at her and she does the same.
I'm about to get out of her car when she stops me taking my arm.
"Wait" she says
"What?" i ask confused
"Give me your phone"
I look at her not understanding what she wants to do, but i do as she asked and i give her my phone.