Chapter 96 - I can't say no

Y/N'S POV

2 MONTHS LATER

Stepping out of the classroom, gratitude fills me as I take a deep breath, but my hands still shake, my face radiates heat, and my mouth is parched.
Every step seems to make my feet jitter uncontrollably.
As I step into the sunlight, it blinds me, but when i look around, an uncontrollable smile lights up my face at the sight of familiar faces.

"So?!" my friend asks me, nervously and at first i shake my head but then i burst out laughing with joy and run towards them
"I've done it!" i shout enthusiastically, kicking away the tension and anxiety i had kept in my chest until then.
Cassie hugs me tight and lifts me off the ground and we both laugh like idiots who just graduated.
"We really did it?" she asks putting me back on the ground, with tears in her eyes and i nod
"Yes, my friend, we did it" i whisper, on the verge of crying too
"I'm so proud of us Boo" she tells me and we hug again

Turning my head, i spot my mother with shining eyes on the verge of tears.
"Oh Mom, please" i plead, rushing into her arms
"I know, i know, i promised you i wouldn't cry, but look at you, look where you've come, my daughter. I'm so proud of you. This is just the beginning of a wonderful journey that will lead you to make all your dreams come true" she says, sobbing words filled with love
"I love you, mom" i whisper, holding her tightly, savoring the familiar scent of her perfume i'd missed so much.
Despite months passing, i still struggle to grasp that i'm holding her again, finding comfort in her eyes and hearing her lulling voice.
"I'm so sorry, my little one. I missed so much of your life. I should have been close to you, but instead-"
"Mom, please" i interrupt her with a voice broken by tears
"Don't even say it, okay? What matters is that you're here with me again" i assure her
Turning my gaze to my sister Emma, who looks at me with a small smile, i grab her, and hug both of them
"I have my family back together, and I couldn't ask for anything better" i express with heartfelt gratitude
"We're so proud of you little sister" says Emma kissing my head

"Uhm, can i join too?" Cassie's voice sneaks in and we burst into laughter.
"Of course, idiot. You're part of the family too. Come here" i invite her, opening my arms and creating space for her in our embrace.
In that moment, surrounded by the warmth of my mother, sister, and best friend, i feel all the love that i've missed in these years.
It's as if every piece of the puzzle has returned to its place, revealing a beautiful image of the life and future ahead.
I gaze at it with joy and a newfound eagerness to live, realizing that, for the first time, i can't wait to experience what life has in store for me.

But then, i realize that something, or rather, someone is still missing and a sense of emptiness creeps in.
I break away from the embrace, scanning every inch of the surroundings.
My mother places a reassuring hand on my shoulder, understanding my worries.
"She's in her car waiting for you. She knew she couldn't stay here waiting with us. You'd better go darling, she was quite nervous for you" she says with a maternal, loving look.
I nod smiling and give her a kiss on the cheek.
"But we should celebrate. I mean, we deserve a party after all, don't we?" i propose, and they all nod
"We'll do it at my house!" Emma exclaims.
"Okay, then i'll tell Lizzie too, and then we'll organize everything" i say
After bidding them goodbye once again, i head towards the car park.
I spot her car from a distance, strolling over with this fake sad-and-disappointed vibe.
Even though the windows are tinted, i bet she's watching me with a worried look.
Before i even grab the car door handle, it unlocks, and she swings it open.
I hop in, doing the whole frustrated act, eyes lowered as if i'm not in the mood, when actually i'm just hiding a smirk.
"Oh, babygirl, i'm so sorry. I'm sure they must have been wrong, i know how much you deserved it. I'll talk to them, i promise. But please tell me what i can do in the meantime to make you feel better" she says thoughtfully, hugging me tightly.
"You-you should have sex with me" i playfully whine, then look up, relishing her shocked face.
"Y/n y/l/n, you really are a fucking asshole!" she exclaims, and i double over laughing at her reaction
"You know i hate you. I was already panicking, and you made fun of me" she says, crossing her arms and sulking.
"Sorry little bear, but it was fun" i say, attempting to hug her, but she chases me away, pretending to be offended.
"No, i'm mad at you now" she protests like a child denied ice cream.
"Mmm, i wouldn't be so sure about that" i whisper, approaching her neck and giving it a playful nibble. She releases the tension, leaning back onto the headrest.
"You're right, i'm not mad at you anymore" she gasps, giving in to the lighthearted moment
"Sooo..." she sighs as i leave a trail of kisses down her neck.
"You're no longer my student from now on" she says, regretfully
I raise my head, caress her cheek, and gently invite her to turn her gaze towards me.
"And you won't be my professor anymore" i state with a little smile.
"I liked it when you called me that" she says, biting her lip and looking down at me.
"Oh don't worry, you will always be my Miss Olsen" i reply sensually, she comes closer to me, rubbing her thumb on my lower lip and pressing her body against mine
"Mmm good girl, miss Olsen likes it when you call her that" she whispers against my lips as her hand slides between my legs rubbing her fingers on the seam of my jeans.