Chapter 39 - Videocall

Y/N'S POV

"Hey"
"Hey" i run to hug her and she holds me in her arms leaving me a little kiss on my hair.
"I missed you" she tells me
"You too" i tell her
"It took you time, did something happen?" she asks as we get into her car.
"Oh uhm no, i just had a setback" she turns to look at me, or rather, to analyze me.
She starts the car without saying a word.
"And this mishap has something to do with Lizzie right?" she says out of the blue.
"Hailee..."
"No it's okay, i mean is your life after all, it's just-i don't want to see you suffer y/n, you know i care about you and it would hurt me to see you in pain" she explains to me while she's focused on the road ahead of her.
"Don't worry Lee, we just talked and she clarified a few things to me after some things that had happened ..." of course Hailee doesn't know what happened between me and Lizzie that day at the hotel and i know if she knew it would be all hell.
"So have you forgiven her? I mean i don't know what happened but from how bad you've been in this days i think it was something serious and difficult to forgive" she questions
"It was and i don't think i've forgiven her in the depths of my heart, but i still need some answers and if i stay away from her i'll never get them"
"You're spinning around the situation Y/n and you know well that this isn't the real reason" her tone is more serious and she seems almost annoyed.
"What do you mean Lee?"
"You love her don't you?" that question overwhelms me like a wave, i don't know if it's because is unexpected or cause it's asked by her.
Hailee and i have bonded so much lately and i love her, but i still think she wants something else from our relationship, something that now and maybe i could never give her and i'm sorry for that.
"I-well-i-" i stammer fearing her reaction
"Come on y/n, it's clear that there's something between you two, you love her and she definitely feels something for you but she's so cowardly that she doesn't want to tell you and that's what pisses me off, you keep following a person that at her age she should have the courage to face situations and especially in a mature way instead she just makes you suffer " she raises her voice.
It's obvious that's not the only reason of her reaction, she probably hates that i continue to choose Lizzie when i would have the easiest solution right here, beside to me.
But i love Lizzie
i love that woman so fucking much.
"Hey Lee listen, i know you just want to protect me and i'm grateful to you, but i need to figure out some things by myself and make some decisions but i don't want to get into arguing with you for this. Lizzie is important to me and i would like, if you want and can, that you support me in my every right or wrong decision" i'm aware that it's hard for her, but i know that she loves me enough to understand me.
"I will always support you y/n, even if it means seeing you with someone i don't like, but if it makes you happy i'm happy for you and i'm sorry, i didn't want to ruin these last hours with you before i leaving, i exaggerated" she says placing a hand on mine
"Don't worry, i just need to know that i'll always have you close to me"
"Always" she responds, i smile and i see her smile too from the rearview mirror of the car.

What matters now is to understand what Lizzie feels about me and step forward, i don't want to hide my feelings from her anymore.

———————————————————————————

"See you soon okay?"
"Yes, i can't wait to see you again" i tell her smiling
"Me too, now come here and hug me" i dive into her arms and she holds me tight.
"I'll miss you Lee"
"Please don't make me cry" we look at each other and then we both laugh
"Bye sweetheart"
"Bye Lee" she leaves me a kiss on my hair, grabs her suitcase and after smiling at me one last time she turns and goes to her plane.

I wait for the plane to fly away and then i leave the airport with a smile on my face.
Hailee makes me really happy, i didn't think i would ever meet her and especially that such a beautiful relationship could be born between us.
I love her and she loves me, despite the fact that i put stakes in our relationship she didn't make the situation in a toxic way but rather she was very understanding and kind with me.