Chapter 37 - Fingers

Y/N'S POV

A glimmer of light makes its way through all that darkness. At first it bothers me but slowly i begin to get used to it, thus finding the strength to slowly open my eyes.
I see everything blurry and it seems that someone is beating my head.
I look around trying to figure out where i am, but i'm pretty confused.
I turn my head a little and see the figure of a woman from behind who admires the view from her window, but after a few moments i understand who she is.
"L-liz?" my voice is weaker and more hoarse than the usual mornings, but that's enough for her to turn to me and then smile at me warmly.
"Hey sleeperhead you're finally awake" she comes close to me, kneeling at the foot of the bed, takes my hand and starts caressing it.
"W-where i am?" i ask her
"You passed out last night and Scar and i brought you here" she explains gently.
"Here take these, this will make you feel better, i'm sure you'll have a headache" she hands me a glass of water and some pills.
I try to remember what happened the night before but it's like my head went blackout.
"How did it happen?" i question, her face changes, i see pain and sorrow in her expression.
"Well ... yesterday you and Hailee drank a lot, well you actually drank more and besides that, you didn't want to eat anything and this made you weak. You started to delirious and she called me for help, when i arrived you passed out"
I make my way through my memories and slowly the memory comes back to me.
"You remember, don't you?" she asks fearfully
I look into her eyes, remembering why i ended up in these conditions.
"Yes, yes, now i remember" i say cold and withdrawing my hand that until now was intertwined with hers, she's visibly hurt but doesn't insist.
"I'm sorry, i really didn't want-"
"You never want it Liz, you always say you never want me to suffer but you do it every time" i accuse her.

"Hey please, honey look at me" she gently rests her hand on my cheek and only her warmth in contact with my skin makes me melt.
"You're right, every time i make you suffer but i swear to you, i would never, ever do it on purpose.
I had to stay with you, we had to spend the night together as we promised but i'm a fucking head, i keep fucking messing up and i beg you to forgive me, but i also ask you please have a little patience with me, i'm trying baby, i'm doing everything for us"
I look into her eyes and despite my pain, i find sincerity in her eyes.
The truth is that she could never lie to me, i could always catch her just by looking into her eyes.
Maybe i'm stupid, but maybe I'm just in love with her and my love for her makes me blind.
But how could i hate her?
She makes me feel bad sometimes but even more she makes me feel good.
I can't stay away from her, even if i put all my willpower into it.
I fucking love her, i love her so much and i would like to have the courage to tell her everything, hoping that she will reciprocate.

"I don't honestly know Liz, i need to think about it"
"Oh uhm okay, i understand you. Uhm but while you think about it, could i lie down a bit next to you?" her voice is so soft and her face looks like that of a lost puppy.
I can't really get mad at her.
I make a sign to her to come close to me and she, like a happy child, gets up and immediately runs to the other side of the bed, lying down next to me.

"Here, i promise that i'll stay here without disturbing you" she says, but it makes me smile the way in vain she tries to stay away from me to leave me my space.
She lies there with her arms folded making sure she doesn't even accidentally touch me.
"Liz"
"Mmm yes?" she looks at the ceiling to avoid my gaze
"Can you look at me?" i tell her and she finally turns in my direction
"If you really want me to forgive you, you should hug me rather than just standing there with your arms folded" i smile and so does she.
God she's so beautiful.
"Oh thank you, i don't know how long i could have resisted" she admits, snuggling up to me under the covers.
She rests her head on my shoulders and hugs my arm, her legs wrap mine and she closes her eyes as she relaxes.
"Better?" i ask her
"Mmm definitely" raises her head a little to leave me a kiss on the shoulder and then gets back right.
I look at her and the more i look at her the more i fall in love with this little angel.
Time goes by but i can't get tired of her.