Chapter 93 - Everything comes full circle

LIZZIE'S POV

We head up to the rooftop, and y/n leans against the railing, gazing at the towering skyscrapers in front of her.
Her big smile warms my heart.
I move closer, wrapping my arms around her waist and resting my head on her shoulder.
"You look so happy" i whisper to her.
"I am, Lizzie. I really am" she replies, her voice filled with joy.
"I still can't believe it. After four fucking years, everything feels normal again.
And thanks to you, it's even more beautiful. It's like every aspect of my life is falling into place once again" she explains, sounding like a person who has been reborn, with a sense of relief flooding her chest.
"Oh honey, everything comes full circle, and you have been incredibly strong and patient throughout all of this. It truly honors you, really. I'm so happy to have someone like you by my side" i say, turning her towards me gently cupping her face and kissing her.
Being three days away from her lips was driving me almost crazy.
That's the effect this girl has on me.
"I'm so sorry i didn't call you. I really am. I handled everything poorly, and it wasn't my intention to keep you out of this. I mean, i shared all the pain of this situation with you, so there was no reason to exclude you, especially during the best of times. I just got so caught up and involved that-"
"Hey, hey, it's okay. Really it's okay" i interrupt her
"I mean, i understand everything now, and you don't have to apologize to me, okay? I was just worried that something bad had happened to you, like last time. I thought someone had hurt you, maybe Robbie-"
"Robbie? What does Robbie have to do with that Liz?" she asks, clearly confused.
"I know he's in prison" i lie shamelessly, feeling the guilt weighing on my chest.
"But i was so consumed by paranoia that i thought of everything, even paradoxically about him. But you're here with me now, and that's what matters" i add, pulling her into a warm embrace.
"I love you so much, and i missed you" i whisper in her arms.
"Me too, little bear. I can't stay away from you even for a moment" she says.
I pull away slightly, stroking her hair, while she takes my hand and leaves lots of little kisses on it.
Suddenly, an idea crosses my mind
"Come live with me" i blurt out instinctively catching her off guard for a few seconds.
"What?" she asks, confused.
"Come live with me" I repeat, smiling.
"Wait, you mean to live together?" she asks, and i nod.
"Yes, like a couple. I want to wake up every morning next to you and fall asleep every evening in your arms" i admit, getting lost in her eyes that shine at my proposal.
"Are you sure? Do you really want to put up with me every day?" she asks ironically, and i giggle.
"Yes, stupid. I want to enjoy every side of you. I want to live you every day" i tell her, and she smiles.
"I think Cassie is going to come up with a plan to kill us both, you know? You're taking me away from her, after all" she says, leaning back against the railing and grabbing my hands.
"Oh, i'm ready for this duel. Everything for you, honey" i grin and then i kiss her passionately.
"Liz, someone might see us!" she whispers urgently against my lips.
But i gently hold her face and kiss her again,
"I don't care right now, i've missed you too much" i whisper, playfully biting her lower lip.
"Oh, don't worry, little one. Now that we'll be living together, we'll have plenty of time to make up for lost time" she chuckles contentedly and i give her a playful pat on the shoulder
"I think i understand where you got this sense of irony from" I tell her, referring to my mother.
"Definitely not from what i thought my father was" she quips, albeit with a bit of bitterness in her words.
"Did you talk about it with your mom?" i ask her, and she nods, sighs, and returns to lean on the railing, looking straight ahead.
"Yeah, yeah we talked about it" she says, picking at the cuticles of her fingers nervously.
"But you don't seem satisfied with" i note as i approach her side.
"I mean, it's still hard to accept, Liz, you know? I've spent my whole life hating a man who's just a stranger to me. We've never had any connection, but i didn't know - i didn't know until recently and i spent the days pining away wondering why he hated me so much, why he hated his daughter so much... and now i understand." she explains while a tear rolls down her cheek, reddened by the cold.
"Oh no, hey come here, honey" i say, hugging her tightly to me.
"I feel... I feel like the child of a mistake, of an accident that shouldn't have happened" she admits in frustration, sobbing.
"Don't even say it as a joke. You are the daughter of a great love, y/n. Just because things didn't work out between the two of them, just because life has separated them, doesn't mean that you were a mistake. You are the most beautiful thing that was born between them, the memory of a love that was strong. But above all, if you hadn't been born, i wouldn't have you here with me now. And believe me, you are the most beautiful gift of my life" i whisper, now with a voice cracked by tears.