Chapter 52 - Double is better than one

LIZZIE'S POV

"My god Liz you really didn't sleep all night to do this?"
"Yup" i say smiling while i finish writing the last note
"I'm sure she'll like the idea and maybe she'll remember me" i affirm satisfied with my work.
It took me a lot of time and especially a lot of love to do it and i really hope she appreciates it.
"You're fall in love with her sis" MK teases me on the other part of the phone.
"I am MK, i'm so in love with that girl" i put the last note in the paper box i made and close everything.

Tonight i'd the brilliant idea of ​​creating a box with questions or keywords inside that she'll take out of the box every day and to which i'll answer, so that we can slowly rebuild our story hoping that in this way she can remember everything.
I've decided to be honest with her so i'll also tell her about everything i've done to her, but hopefully she'll pick those notes as late as possible.

"She really fucked your heart huh? But i'm happy though, really. I haven't see you so happy in a long time"

It's nice to know that my family supports my love for y/n and more importantly that they love her too.

"She makes me happy and even if things are difficult now i know that sooner or later everything will go right"
"It will be lil sis, even if she doesn't remember she still loves you, heart never forgets" MK is right, her brain may have forgotten about me, but not her heart, part of me wants to believe that deep inside she still loves me.

"Nooow move your ass and go to her you've already made me vomit enough with all your sweetness" she says making me giggle.
"You're so romantic MK"
"No i just don't act like a teenager in love" she specifies
"Ah-ah very funny"
"See you at Christmas idiot?"
"Yup, see you at Christmas" i hang up and get everything ready to go to y/n.
Maybe it's true, i'm acting like a teenager in love but it's been a long time since i felt like this.

——————————

I walk to her room with a smile on my face, can't wait to see her again.
I knock on her door waiting for her answer
"Come in" is so strange to hear her voice again after so long.
I walk in and find her so busy finding something interesting on TV that she doesn't notice me.
What makes me smile even more and find her hugging the big teddy bear i brought her, god she's so cute.

"Good morning honey" i say
She turns to me and looks at me confused
"Sorry, were you expecting someone else?" i ask her
"Uhm no, it's just-sorry- it's still so weird seeing you here" she explains embarassed.
"Don't be embarrassed, i'm happy to be here with you" i tell her smiling and finally a little smile appears on her face which brightens my day.
"So...i see you like it" I say referring to the teddy bear
"It's yours?" she asks
"Yes, but technically you gave it to me. You won it at the Funfair" i tell her, remembering that day, what was supposed to be our day.
"Did we go to the funfair together?" she asks while i take off my coat
"Yes, and it was the best day of my life. You made it the best day of my life" i see her make a strange face, as if for a moment she remembered that day, especially what happened later at my house.
"Do you remember anything?" i ask her a little worried that she might get angry or kick me away. She looks at me, but remains quiet for a few seconds just staring at me.
"No, no i don't remember anything" she says, even if the tone in which she says it's so strange
"And then what did we do? I want you to tell me about that day" she asks
"Time to time honey, i'll tell you everything, but in little steps" i hope she understands.
She nods and turns away to look at the window.
"What is that?" she asks, referring to the box i brought.
"Oh uhm it's for you"
"For me?" she asks turning on my side to look me
"Yes, i thought of a nicer way to tell you our story" i take the box and go to sit next to her while she looks at me carefully.
"Here, in here there are questions or words that refer to moments we shared, every day you will take out one of these notes and i'll give you answers about it, what do you think?" i ask, hoping i haven't exaggerated.
"Did you really do all this for me?" she says looking at the details of the box
"Y/n i'd do anything for you" i say and that's when our eyes meet and it's like it's the first time, like time has stopped since the first time we met.