Chapter 14 - Basket and tight space

It's a rainy Sunday in September, everything seems so dull, so gray, so sad, and my heart is too. I spent the whole day lying in bed checking the phone every minute in the hope of receiving a message from her and having a thousand of bad thoughts in my head. But nothing, she seems to have disappeared. Yesterday, after exchanging phone numbers with Scarlett and saying goodbye, i saw her leave the library, i tried to chase her and scream her name but she didn't turn around.

I wrote her many messages but after viewing them she never replied.
Why is she doing this? What did i do to her?
Everything was going so well before yesterday, it seemed like another person next to Robbie and when Scarlett arrived she stayed all the time staring at me without ever opening her mouth.

"Hey boo, i made you a hot chocolate" Cassie says coming into the room and handing me the cup.
"Thanks Cas"
"No worries" she says lying next to me and kissing me softly on the head.
"She hasn't answered yet?" i shake my head
"I don't understand Cas, why is she doing this? Why did she disappear so suddenly? I also had to give her a ride to school tomorrow"
"People don't disappear without an explaination 
y/n, something happened, tomorrow you'll talk to her and everything will work out" she says hugging me
"I hope so" i just say letting myself be devoured by bad thoughts.

Me:
I don't know what happened,
but i hope we can fix
it all tomorrow,
i don't want to lose you as a friend,
you are special to me Liz
even though we have only just met.
I miss you and love you.
Remember you're my little bear🤎

——————————

This morning i woke up in a bad mood, i don't want to talk to anyone, except her. Cassie and i walk down the corridor until we arrive in front of the door of her classroom, Cassie looks at me to make sure i'm okay, she gently strokes my shoulder and i show a weak smile in response. I take a deep breath and then we walk into the class.
And there she is, beautiful as always, while she's busy writing something in a notebook.
She's wearing a simple white turtleneck sweater and a beige coat.

Lizzie's outfit:

At the sound of the door opening, she raises her head and turns towards us and it's at that moment that our eyes meet, she squares me and then looks away

"Goodmorning Miss Olsen" Cassie says
"Goodmorning Cassie" she says cold, she doesn't even look at me even if i'm next to Cassie.

I go and sit in my seat, i perceive her gaze on me again, so i decide not to look at her, she analyzes my every single movement as if i'm the only existed in that room, when i decide to raise my head to look at her she looks away again.
After a while the class begins to fill up with people and the lesson begins. I pay little attention to what she explains because i'm busy thinking about her and the tension that seems to exist between us. All the time she did nothing but look at me and when i looked her, she looked away. When she passed between the desks touching mine, the air suddenly became heavy.