Chapter 24 - Pretty little liar

"Hey"
"Y/n...what are you doing here?" she asks visibly surprised
"Well i guess for a coffee" i show a little smile
"U-uhm yes of course, the usual i guess" i nod and she runs behind the counter to make my coffee.
"Here you are" hands me the cup.
For the first time since a while i see a smile on her face.
I look at her carefully to understand what is different about her.
"Your hair...they are short" i say
Actually they're very short.
She looks at me confused.
"Wait i mean you're pretty good, it's just i didn't think you'd ever cut them, i know how much you care about your hai-"
"Listen Y/n you better go now" she says annoyed
Congratulations y/n you are always good at ruining everything
"Sorry Bre, i didn't mean to offend you, actually, here uhm- you are very beautiful" i say turning red and she smiles and lowers her head shyly
"Listen, i'll finish my turn soon, would you like to wait for me?" she asks me

Why is she so kind? I mean after what happened last time i didn't even think she was going to talk to me again.

"Fine" i say going to sit at one of the tables. I don't know why i'm here and i don't know what i'm doing, i'm just following my instict. My head tells me to go away, not to fall back into that toxicity from which i have finally freed myself but my heart tells me to stay right here. But then suddenly i remember my appointment with Lizzie, i decide to text her to apologize, i'm sure she will understand.

Me:
Hey little bear,
i'm sorry but i can't
come to you anymore,
i had a setback,
i promise i'll be forgiven

I'm a liar

Lizzie🧸:
What happened?

What do i tell her now? Why am i lying to her?

I don't know what excuse to invent so i choose the easy way, i decide not to answer her, but i don't know if i'm doing the right thing actually.

"Same table where we first met huh?" i'm taken aback by Aubrey, i didn't even realize i actually sat right where we first met. I turn to her and see that she smiles at me. I admit, despite everything and the new haircut, i still find her beautiful.
"I guess i like to live in memories"
"Yeah i see, so did you come here just for a coffee or for something else?" she asks me
"I don't think i came here for coffee actually" i look her in the eyes and she does the same.
"I have to go buy some things, would you like to come with me?"
"Uhm sure, could we go with my motorbike, shall we go to my apartment first and then go?" i ask hopefully, i don't know why but i'm so excited to spend some time with her, it seems like everything bad that happened in our relationship never happened, like we went back to when we met.
"I think it's a great idea, i missed your motorbike" she says smiling.
I remember all the motorbike trips we did, no matter where we went, it was enough to be together, but then in the last period of our relationship things had gotten more difficult, she didn't want to go anywhere with me anymore and i found myself on my own always alone.

"Hey i know it's been a while now, but i wanted to apologize for how i spoke to you last time" she says while we leave the cafeteria.
"It's okay Bre, we were both upset that day, i'm glad that now we are dealing with it in a more mature way"
"Me too, i wanted to write to you but after everything i told you i thought you hated me" she says playing with her rings
"I could never hate you. I mean yes, at first i had so much anger towards you but then i realized that it would lead nowhere to have so much bitterness inside of me"
"I'm so sorry Y/n, you don't deserve anything i've done to you" her voice breaks and i see tears slide down her face.
Is she really that sorry?
"Hey it's okay, please look at me" i say gently caressing her cheek, she raise her head and finally i see her green eyes
"I'm not angry with you okay? No need to cry. Come her" i hug her tightly to me and her cherry-flavored perfume pervades my nose, god if i missed it.
"Y/n i-i owe you some explanations, look-" i raise my head and see behind her, a few meters away, Lizzie leaning against her car looking at us. I immediately walk away from Aubrey and she realizes that something is wrong.
"Hey Y/n what's wrong?" she asks but i'm too busy watching Lizzie look at me angry and disappointed at the same time.
"Lizzie ..." i say but words fail me.
Aubrey turns and widens her eyes when she recognizes Lizzie.
"Oh God not her again. Maybe i better go, i wouldn't want her to punish me, see you okay?" she say and i just nod, she gently kisses my cheek, touching the corner of my lips.
"See you babe" she smirks at me and then goes away.
I feel so destabilized, but even more terrified because Lizzie has seen the whole scene.
"Liz i-"
"Was this your setback? Spending time with your ex? The same one that yelled at you and hurt you? The same one from which i defended you?" she's so mad and she's right to be.
"I'm sorry, i did not want to"
"Fuck y/n you lied to me! and you ignored me, i texted you a lot but evidently you were so busy letting her manipulate you" she raises the tone of her voice
"Don't tell me i'm the one being manipulated, think about you and Robbie" what the fuck did i just say?