Chapter 98 - Family's affair

BECKY'S POV

I wake up and my head pounding with the remnants of a hangover.
"Shit" i murmur to myself
Groaning, i reach for my phone, hoping for some distraction from the mess that was last night. Instead, i'm greeted by a barrage of memes and messages, all mocking me for what happened at the party.
My frustration mounts as i remember everything.
It's all Y/n and Lizzie's fault, they embarrassed me in front of everyone.
Just as i'm about to throw my phone across the room, it rings, startling me.
It's a friend of mine, and her voice is tinged with amusement as she bring up the events of the previous night.
"Hey, Becks! How are you? I mean, rough night last night huh?" she says giggling
I grit my teeth, barely able to contain my frustration.
"Yeah, well, wasn't exactly my finest hours" i answer
"Well, hate to break it to you Becks, but remember those big shots you were hoping to impress? Well, doesn't seem like they're too impressed" she shots
The realization hits me like a punch to the gut, and anger bubbles up inside me.
"Great. Just great. Thanks for letting me know" i say irritated running my hand through my hair
"Come on Backs, it can't-" i hit the end call button and flop back onto my pillow with an exasperated groan.
"I hate my life"  i say, looking at the ceiling and thinking about how i want to ruin Lizzie and y/n's life, but there's nothing i can do.
Compromising their reputation would also compromise mine and i hate to admit it but, Olsen is right.
With a sigh, i drag myself downstairs for breakfast, my thoughts still swirling with frustration.
As i enter the kitchen, i freeze in surprise at the sight of my uncle, sitting at the table.
Perfect, his ass face is the icing on the cake on this shitty day.

"Walker, what are you doing here?" I say going to pour myself a glass of juice
He looks up from his newspaper, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips.
"Good morning to you too darling, and please call me uncle, i'm not your coach here" he says, sipping his cup of coffee
Sometimes it makes me so weird to see him here, i'm used to seeing him in college and pretending that he's just one of the many teachers like everyone else.
"Anyway, i just thought i'd pay a visit to my favorite niece" he say biting a croissant that crumbles on the pages of the newspaper and at the edges of his mouth.
Disgusting...

"Yeah, well, you picked a great time to drop by" i reply, looking away
I can't help but wonder what he would think if he knew the truth about y/n and Lizzie.
But i push those thoughts aside, knowing that revealing their secret would only bring me more trouble.
I slump into a chair at the kitchen table, trying to hide my frustration from my uncle.
He looks up from his newspaper, concern etches on his face.
"Darling, you seem really down. Is everything alright?" he asks
I sigh inwardly, the last person i want to talk to right now is my uncle.
I've always thought he's a bit idiot, and pouring my heart out to him isn't exactly my idea of a good time.
But something about the way he's looking at me makes me feel like i can't brush him off.
"It's nothing, just a rough night" i sigh
"Oh come on, Becky. You can tell me, i'm your uncle after all and you can trust me" he says
I hesitate for a moment, weighing my options.
But before i can stop myself, the words come tumbling out.
"It's just... everything was perfect, i had the opportunity to work in Hollywood, to become famous and rich and, everything was so simple and my plan was perfect but Y/n and Lizzie. They ruined everything last night-"
I freeze, realizing what i've just said.
My uncle's eyes widen in surprise, and i can feel the blood draining from my face.
What have i done?
"Y/n and Lizzie? What do you mean, Becky?" he asks raising an eyebrow, lowering the newspaper and bringing all attention to me.
I shake my head, panic rising in my chest.
I've said too much already, but i can't take it back now.
"Forget it, i shouldn't have said anything" i say trying to divert attention from what i just said
But it's too late.
He knows something's up, and i can't hide it from him any longer.
"Becky, i need to know what's going on. Are Y/n and Lizzie... together?" he asks me
I look down and without saying a word I just nod
"Please, uncle. You can't say anything. Promise me" i beg him
He nods solemnly, but there's a glint in his eye that sends a shiver down my spine.
What have I gotten myself into?
"Yeah don't worry, it's not my business after all" he says taking another sip of coffee
I let out a sigh, leaning back on the chair and wondering if it's really all over here.

"Well, Becky, i have some work to do. I'll catch up with you later" he says hastily gathering his things
"But- i thought you were staying for breakfast" i state
"I know, but something just came up. I'll see you around, okay?" he says as if he was in a hurry to run away
"Wait, uncle... Are you- are you going to tell anyone?" I ask worried
He hesitates for a moment, his expression unreadable.
"Of course not, Becky. You have my word" he smiles at me
"But what if-"
"Don't worry, Becky. I won't say a word to anyone. Your secret is safe with me" he cuts me off
Despite his words, i can't shake the feeling of dread that washes over me.
As he disappears from my view, i'm left to wonder if i've just made a huge mistake.

....................................................................................

A/N:

Uh uh what's going on here?🤭

I wonder what will happen.... what do you think guys?

See you in the next chapter 😈
Love y'll🤍