Chapter 94 - Action!

Y/N'S POV

"Here's the last one" Cassie says, handing me the last box and then pouting, lowering her head.
"Boo come on, don't do that. You'll make things even harder. You know i'm not dead" i say trying to cheers her up, placing the box on the ground to hug her.
"Yeah, but we won't live under the same roof anymore. We made a promise to each other when we came here" she says, whimpering.
"I know Cas, and we respected it. But now, think about it. University is about to end, and each of us will take a path. It's right that we follow our dreams and build our own lives. I want you to realize your dreams Cas, and to do this, we have to make decisions
But i promise you, my friend, that even if we don't live in the same apartment anymore, i will always be close to you. I will always be there for you" i tell her with shining eyes, and she too finds it hard to hold back the tears.
"Maybe i should start finding a new apartment too" she murmurs, looking down.
"You have time for this. Maybe you could consider moving to New York. It's always been your dream, hasn't it?" i propose.
"What?! But then you and I will be even further apart-"
"Hey, what did i just tell you? You have to put yourself first, Cas, and you have to chase your dreams" i tell her, and she nods.
"Fine fine, you're right" she says, defeated
"I will miss living with you. I will miss you" she continues without holding back her tears
"Oh, you too Cas. You made these years so special.
If it wasn't for you-"
"Please don't say it" she interrupts me
"What matters is that you are here with me y/n. Maybe i haven't done enough, maybe-"
"Don't even say it as a joke, Cas. You have saved my life so many times that i don't even know how to thank you. You are like a sister to me and you know it, and i will love you forever" I admit, bursting into tears and hugging her tightly.
"I'm going to miss sleeping with you" she says between sobs.
"And having movie marathons with you" i add
"And talking all night" she says
"And laughing until we cry" i add
We hold each other tightly for a little longer before we finally let go and lock eyes, sharing a weak smile.
It's going to be strange not living with her anymore.
She has become such an integral part of my daily life, and having her around has been so good for me. Cassie has always been my rock after all
"Knock knock, can i come in?" i turn around and see Lizzie standing there, a shy smile on her face.
"Sorry for interrupting, i just wanted to let you know that i finished loading everything into the car" she says grabbing the last package from the ground.
"Don't worry, Liz. I'm just double-checking to make sure we have everything before we leave" i reassure her, and she nods in understanding.
"Take all the time you need, honey" she says and then she looks at Cassie.
"You still hate me, huh?" she asks, her face flushed with embarrassment.
I watch as Cassie glares at her, so i nudge her to make her stop.
"Yes" she replies firmly.
"Oh Cas, come on" i scold her.
"I promise i'll take care of her, Cas" Lizzie says with a little smile.
"Well it will better for you, Olsen. Consider yourself lucky that i didn't kill you for stealing her from me" Cas says seriously but then a smirk forming on her face and Lizzie returns it.

"Before i go, here-uhm-i just wanted to take a moment to thank both of you. You know, each of you has had a positive impact on my life in your own way. I mean your love and support have kept me going, and i honestly don't know what i would do without the two of you" i say as i try to hold back tears curling my lips.
They both rush towards me and give me a tight hug.
"We will always protect you" Cas whispers
"Because you are the most important thing in our lives" Lizzie adds.
"I love you, my friend" Cassie says, leaving a kiss on my cheek.
"Me too, Boo, very much" i reply
"And i love you baby" Lizzie declares.
"Me too, little bear" i reply, leaving a kiss on her forehead.
We break away from the embrace, and i take a few seconds to look around and say goodbye to the place that has been my home until now.
So many memories are tied to these walls, both good and bad, but each one has shaped me into the person i am today.
The truth is, i'm now in a happy place where my life is finally in balance.
And i owe a great deal of gratitude to those who have been by my side, but especially to these two incredible women in this room.
"Shall we go?" Lizzie asks, smiling sweetly at me and i nod.
"I've got it, don't worry" Cassie says as she grabs the last box so that Lizzie can takes my hands and intertwines her fingers with mine, leading me out of the apartment.