Chapter 20 - An unexpected call

LIZZIE'S POV

"Do you ever think about running away? you know, like go to a new place, get a new life, meet new people"
"Do you?"
"Actually yes, i mean don't get me wrong, you and Cassie are the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life and i'm so grateful to have you around me but i often feel this need to escape from my life, to stop everything for a moment, take the first plane and go somewhere"
"Well life isn't easy, but at the end of the day i'm happy with my life, you're one of the most beautiful things in my life and i don't want to see you run away from your emotions. Sometimes we think it's the easiest way, to take refuge in a dream where we can feel protected, where reality cannot harm us, but sooner or later we'll have to deal with it and it will hurt more. You need to open up y/n, to be honest with yourself and with the people who love you, don't run away, trust me, there will always be someone ready to love you" i say while i snuggle deeper into her arms, while a soft blanket protects us from the cold. We are here, on the edge of the beach, leaning on her motorbike, while we hug  to find warmth from each other and look at the stars in the sky.
"I don't know Liz, so many people hurt me, even the ones i thought loved me"
"Hey look at me" i say turning towards her, she looks up to look at me without breaking the hug.
"I'm here, right here, just for you. I'm here ready to love you, i don't want to leave you like these people did. But you have to trust me y/n, you have to be honest with me. I know you don't do it for bad reasons, but you need to open up, you need to be loved, to have someone who wants to take care of you. You're my friend okay? I don't want to find out that one day you just go away and that you'll never come back, you have to stay here with me okay?" i  say while a tear crosses my cheek.
"I promise little bear, i don't want to go anywhere without you, but how about going away together? just me and you" she says, wiping away the tear with her thumb and smiling at me
"Where?"
"Everywhere, i don't care where, i just wanna be with you. Maybe we could go to Italy, i haven't been back since i was little, what do you think?" she says and i smiling like an idiot.
"I like the idea. I would go anywhere with you. But don't you think we risk being seen in this way?"
"We could go after school, i'll no longer be your student and you'll no longer be my teacher, just two friends who go on vacation"
"It seems so perfect" i say giving her a kiss on the tip of her nose, she giggles and then hugs me tightly.
"Then i can't wait Olsen"
"Me too"
"You know we ca-" her phone starts ringing, she takes it out of her pocket and when she sees the name on the screen she freezes. She looks at me worried and then moves away a bit to answer the call.

I hear her start screaming at the phone.

"What?!... What the fuck does he want to do?... He has no right!...I don't care okay?!... Yes, i'll be there in a few minutes" she puts down the phone, and i see her get nervous, anxiously runs fingers into her hair and looks up as if looking for some answer on what to do.
Then she looks at me and i understand that it's not the y/n i spoke to until a few minutes ago.

"Get on, i'll take you home" she says coldly and comes close to me.
"Y/n..." i say worried
"Please Elizabeth, i have an emergency"
"What happens?"
"I don't want to talk about it ok? Come on don't waste my time" where is my sweet Y/n?
"Baby please talk to m-"
"Jesus Lizzie stop it okay? stop worrying about me it's so fucking stressful! I always feel the need to justify myself to you. I can get by on my own. I don't need you, now get on this damn bike so i can take you home!" she yells at me, i think i've never seen her like this in a month that i know her, her words hurt my heart. I would like to cry but i can't do it in front of her. I get on her motorbike in silence, without opening my mouth, put on the helmet she usually puts on me and we set off. I hold her waist and her body is so rigid, it seems she doesn't want to have any physical contact, especially with me. She drives so fast in the street, passing all the red lights. For a moment i thought we were going to be in an accident.