Chapter 18 - Nightmare

LIZZIE'S POV

I jumped up hearing screams, when i open my eyes i see next to me y/n trembling in bed, completely sweaty while screaming and saying incomprehensible things.
"Mom? Mom! I'm here mom"
"I-i did not want to, mom please wake up" she starts crying and i understand that she is having a nightmare, but then i hear my name come out of her mouth.
"Liz? No please Liz not you too, i'm sorry, i'm so sorry i did not want to, stay with me" she says still having her eyes closed.
I feel a weight in my heart, it hurts me to see her like this, why is she dreaming of me too?
"Baby wake up, please" i say shaking her a little
"Honey please you have to wake up" i insisted and then she opens her eyes abruptly and sobbing with scare in them.
"Liz? y-you are h-here" she says looking at me like a lost puppy
"Of course i'm here baby, come here" i tell her and i hug her tightly, she rests her head on my shoulder and continues to cry.
"Shhhh hey it's okay, it was just a nightmare, it'over now"
"I thought i lost you, y-you-" she cries so hard that she can't even speak
"Hey i'm here with you okay? I'm not going anywhere promise" i say to her reassuring and leaving her many kisses on the head to make her relax.
Slowly her breathing returns to normal.
"I'm a bad person Liz, i hurt everyone around me, those i love. You should stay away from me" she says and it breaks my heart to know that she feels that way, how can the cutest living being in the world be a bad person? I would like she could see herself with my eyes and understand how perfect she is, how special she is for me.
"Don't even think about it, you're not a bad person Y/n okay? You're the most wonderful person in the world, i don't want you to see yourself that way. And i don't care, you could hurt me as much as you want, but i'll always stay by your side, i won't let you go" i say caressing her cheek, she closes her eyes relaxing for a few seconds and then opens them again and looks at me. Those beautiful brown eyes are darker than the darkness of the night that surrounds us.
Her gaze is absent.
"You don't understand Lizzie, you couldn't understand. You don't know everything about me, about my life" she says, lowering her head.
I put my thumb on her chin to make her look up so she can look at me.
"Then tell me, tell me about you, about your life. This is a safe space, you can trust me, i could never judge you" i say gently
"I have hurt people in an irreparable way Liz"
"I'm sure you didn't do it intentionally" i say
"No, i would never do that, i would never hurt the most important people in my life on purpose" she explains
"So that's enough, the intention is more important than the action, sometimes people judge without even knowing what's behind a mistake made. Sometimes we hurt, even to the people we love most, but love fixes everything and it will be the same in your case, i promise you"
"I don't want to hurt you Liz, i could never forgive myself" she says while a tear slides down her face that i take with my thumb.
"You won't and i promise you that i won't too, i'm here to protect you and we'll take care of each other okay?" she just nods and i smile
"Good, now come here i want to hug you tightly" i say and she dives into my arms.
"Thank you professor, i love your lessons" she says sarcastically and i laugh.
This is what i love about her, or better, one of the things i love about her. Even when she's sad, she always finds a way to joke, to find the ironic side of the situation.
"Even if you've never listened one of my lessons" i say teasing her
"It's not my fault that my teacher is Elizabeth Olsen, how can i stay focused when i have you in class a few meters away from me?" she looks me in the eyes and i finally see them light up again.
"Mmm you're right, maybe we should bring this distance closer, don't you think?" i say going close to her face and i see her freeze.
"Y-yes m-maybe, it's-uhm it's a good idea" she says
I love when she's under my control and i have this effect on her.
"Maybe we could start from here, in this room, in this bed" i whisper putting a hand under her shirt.
The contact with her bare skin creates something in me that i cannot understand but that drives me crazy.
"L-liz-" i don't give her time to answer and start tickling her, she starts laughing and there it is, the most beautiful sound in the world.
"Lizzie please stop" she says without stopping laughing
"And stop myself on the best part? You can forget it" i say ending up straddling her.
"Oh god Liz i can't handle it anymore, i give up" she says and i decide to stop
"I won" i say smiling
"Yes you won Olsen" she says smiles at me
"I missed it"
"What?" she asks tilting her head
"You're beautiful smile" i say
"And you are the reason of that Elizabeth" she looks me in the eyes and i see a twinkle in them.
"Mmm then i will do everything to make you smile always" i whisper lowering my head so that i can get close to hers, leaving little kisses on her nose.
"You know it makes you even more beautiful" i adds and she doesn't take her eyes off me for a second.
"Thanks for the compliment Miss Olsen, and i also like the idea of ​​your body straddling me, i mean something interesting might come of it, but i'm literally eating your hair right now and it's not very nice" she joking
"Oh i hate you" i say taking my body off over her and then lying down next to Y/n.
"Looking back, your hair in my mouth wasn't that bad" she says
"You're so stupid" i say throwing her a pillow
"Thanks by the way, for having so much patience with me" she says
"There is no patience with you, i just try to be next to you"
"But yes, i know that i'm difficult to understand and not telling you anything about my past probably drives you crazy, but you respect my spaces and my times, you don't force me to talk about it and stay by my side no matter what and i'm so grateful to you. I'm sorry i haven't been able to talk about it yet, it's not that i don't trust you, but i don't feel ready yet" she says turning to me so that she can look me in the eyes
"Hey don't worry, you don't need to apologize for anything, I understand okay? I just want you to know that i'm here for you and i'll be ready to listen to you anytime" she nods and then shows a weak smile
"I know and you know what? Maybe life has been mean with me, but now i've my reward of all that pain i have experienced, because i have you and believe me when i tell you that you are the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me in life" she smiles and i do too, we look into each other's eyes for an eternity and i understand now that i'm in the perfect place, with her. No one had ever said anything like this to me, for the first time in my life i feel important to someone. With her i finally feel everything i have never been able to feel.
"You are the best friend in the world or better, in the universe" i say
"How can i blame you Olsen" she says boasting and i pinch her hips
"Ouch, damn girl you have to stop being so violent with me, i'm not Thanos" says her and and we both burst out laughing.
"How about getting some more sleep?" she asks
"I think it's a good idea"
"Would you like to hug me? i need to feel you close, i don't want to have another nightmare" she says looking like a little kid, god she's so cute.
"Yes, we can sleep hugging each other" i affirm and she shows me a soft smile.
She opens her arms so that i can snuggle on her, our legs cross under the covers and our faces are so close that we can feel our breaths go together.
And so, shortly after, we both fall asleep.

——————————

Slowly i open my eyes, but i feel a void next to me, when i'm finally awake i see that y/n isn't in bed. Where did she go? I'm starting to panic, especially after what she said tonight ... and if -Lizzie stop with this negative thoughts. I get up and run quickly down the stairs when i see my whole family quiet while having breakfast.
"Morning sis!" say Ash
"Goodmorning Liz" adds MK
"Oh honey, why don't you come here and sit down and eat something" say my mom
Why are they all quiet? Has anyone seen y/n?
"Have you seen y-"
"Morning little bear" i am interrupted by y/n coming out of the kitchen wearing an apron and all dirty with flour.
Thanks God.
"Oh Y/n" i run towards her diving into her arms
"Hey what's going on?" she asks
"I didn't see you in bed and i thought-well you are-after what you said last night-you"
"Hey it's okay i'm here, don't worry i'll not leave you"
She says placing her thumb on my chin so that i can raise my head and look at her then i see her smile and my heart back to beats normally.
"I wanted to thank all of you for your hospitality, so this morning i woke up early and asked your mom if i could use the kitchen to prepare your breakfast" she explains
"And i would add she is a really good cook, god these chocolate chip pancakes are amazing you should try them honey" my mother interjects
"You didn't have to, really" i say bringing again my attention to y/n
"Yup, you didn't have to" says Ash taking a big bite of pancakes
"Really y/n why did you do it? Damn i feel so guilty now" adds joking while she stuffs herself and we all laugh.
"I did it because i wanted it so now if you don't want to offend me, go sit down so i can serve you breakfast" she says smiling
"You have flour all over your face" i say scrunching my nose. I gently wipe her face, she stays there like kid, watching my every movement.
Gosh she's so cute
"Here you are" i say removing the last flour left on her nose.
"Thanks little bear, now go sit down, i'll come with your breakfast" i do as she tells me and go and sit at the table, joining my sisters and my mother.
I turn around and see MK looking at me with a smirk.
"What?" i ask to her
"Oh nothing" she says, still smiling.
Ok this is quite creepy and weird.

"And here is the best pancakes in the world for the best person in the world" says y/n as she hands me a plate with some pancakes that look really tasty.
"Thanks honey" i say leaving her a kiss on the cheek, she turns red.
Shit did i exaggerate in front of my family?
"Uhm c-come on, try and tell me if they are good" she says
I take a portion of pancakes and bring them to my mouth, letting myself be invaded first by their delicious smell and then by their sweet taste, i have never tasted anything better.
"So?" she asks nervously
"God they are so good honey" i say smiling and she does the same
"But now i would like you to sit down too and eat with us" i add, she nods and sits down.
"Uhm i wanted to thank all of you, not only for the hospitality but also because you made me feel part of a family and this is very important to me. So here's thank you" he says shyly and i can't help but smile and think how wonderful is this girl. My family responds with all possible love to her, i squeeze her hand from under the table, caressing the back with my thumb, she turns to me and smiles at me
"Thank you" she whispers to me and my heart starts beating fast.
I'm happy, i'm so happy when she's around me.

....................................................................................

A/N
Hey guys how are you?
Hope you're fine, first of all i wanted to thank you  for all the support you are giving me. Every of your comment and vote is energy for me, which pushes me to write this story.

I wanted to give you a cute and sweetie chapter so i really hope you enjoyed it.

As always let me know what you think
and will see in the next chapter.

Love y'll🤍