Chapter 12 - Hill house

I've been driving for about an hour, the place i want to take Lizzie is quite far from LA but i'm sure when she sees it, the long drive will be worth it.
The most beautiful thing was to see Lizzie trust me so much that she opened her eyes and finally enjoyed the landscape around, all the while she looked like a little kid watching everything with wonder in her eyes.
I've never brought anyone to this place, not even Cassie.
It's a very important place for me, made of beautiful memories.

"Honey where are you taking me? It doesn't even feel like we're in LA" she screams to be heard from me
"I told you, it's a surprise" i speak
"I don't know if trust you anymore, maybe you want to take me somewhere just to kill me"
"Then let me be your favorite serial killer, at least i'll kill you in a beautiful place" i say smiling and she does the same

After half an hour we arrive at our destination, i help Lizzie get off the motorbike, gently take off her helmet and adjust her hair.
"Here we are" i say smiling at her, she looks around confused.
"What a place it is? It's ... beautiful" she speaks and my heart melts
"You haven't seen the best part yet, come on" i offer her my hand and she takes it.
We walk along a path, all the time she does nothing but say how beautiful everything is.

The place:

"I didn't think there was a place like this near to LA, everything seems so perfect" she says"I'm glad you like it but there's another thing i want to show you" i say smiling "I really wanted you to see this place, i thought you would like it" i m...

"I'm glad you like it but there's another thing i want to show you" i say smiling
"I really wanted you to see this place, i thought you would like it" i move, placing myself behind her to make her look better.
A big smile appears on her face and her eyes sparkle.
"T-this is yours?" she asks
"Tecnically yes, do you like it?" i ask nervous
She turns to look me in the eyes
"Y/n is beautiful, i love it, thanks for bringing me here" her soft smile warms my heart.

The house:

"Come on, i show you the inside" she follows me

As soon as we enter a perfume invades my nose, the memories make their way into my memory, it almost seems to me to experience all the emotions i have felt every time i have been here.
I look around, i fight with my tears to keep them from sliding down my face.
I feel two arms surround my hips, then Lizzie's head rest on my back.
"I guess this place is very important to you so i'm grateful that you trust me enough to take me here" she says whispering
I turn to look at her and put my arms around her waist.
"It is, it's very important to me, so that you can understand that i trust you.
I've never brought anyone here" i say stroking her hair with my hand
"So am i the first person you bring here?" she asks with a twinkle in her eyes
"The first and only" i precise, she bit her lips and then hugs me.
"Thanks" that thanks means everything for me
"You can look around but then i want to take you out" she nodds and does as i say
The wooden walls give an idea of ​​rustic to the whole house, the minimal and classic furniture, the fireplace which feels the essence of burning wood, also there are the family pictures that give a sense of familiar to the whole house.
I see Lizzie carefully observing all the pictures, my heart starts beating fast already knowing what she might ask me, but i decided to bring her here and i was aware of it from the start.
"Is this your family?" she asks
"Y-yes..." i say nervous
"This is your mom?" she adds with a kindess in her voice
"Yes, she-she is" she turns and without thinking twice gives me a big hug.
"I don't want to force you to tell me your story, there will be time when you're ready, that's already enough for me" i smile, this woman is the most precious thing in the world.
"Thanks Lizzie" i say leaving her a kiss on the head
"Thanks to you, for letting me get in a little bit inside of your little world" she whispers in my ear and then leaving a kiss on my check and something flutter in my stomach.
"Come on, i'll take you out" i take some blankets and a towel and then leave the house.