Chapter 88 - Magic word

Y/N'S POV

Only three days until Lizzie's birthday, and i must admit, i'm incredibly nervous.
I've been rehearsing my speech for days, and i'm feeling quite anxious.
What if she reacts negatively?

As i stroll alon corridor of the college, my heart races at the thought of seeing her.
She's standing by teacher's office door, drinking her coffee, our eyes meet and mischievous smiles tuggs at the corners of our lips.
I decide to approach her, try to keep an air of indifference, after all i'm just a student right?
"Good morning, professor Olsen" i greet her, a smirk cross my face
She leans againist the doorframe, eyes sparkling playfully
"Morning miss y/l/n, what does my favorite student need?" she whispers huskily and god her voice sends shivers down my spine
"Oh nothing, i just hate not having class with you today" i say and we both exchange a covert glance, the thrill of forbidden love pulsing through our veins.
She's just about to reply when a loud, obnoxious Coach Walker barges past us, rudely interrupting our moment.
He studies us carefully, his eyes fixed on us, while his eyebrows furrow in a suspicious expression.
Sensing the tension, Lizzie shoots me a glance, silently urging me to say something to alleviate the atmosphere.
"Coach...hi" i clear my throat, not really sure what to say.
Lizzie gives me a look, practically begging me to apologize to him.
I shake my head, but she shoots me a glare with those huge green eyes of hers so i can't help but snort and turn back to him.
"Uh, coach... well... uhm, i wanted to say sorry for what happened.
I wasn't myself that day, and i definitely blew things out of proport-"
"You won't be back on the team, y/n. I've already made up my mind, and thank God i didn't get you expelled. Or rather... thank Professor Olsen" he says, his tone firm and unyielding.
"But i-"
"Shouldn't you be in class instead of bugging Miss Olsen? You've already caused her enough trouble" he challenges me, raising an eyebrow.
I clench my fists, trying to keep calm, and Lizzie notices it.
I couldn't help but glare at him, silently wishing he would explode like an inflated balloon.
"Oh, Miss y/l/n was just asking me for directions regarding her project" Lizzie interjects.
"You shouldn't talk to her" the coach whispers to her.
"Walker, we've already talked about it. You don't have to interfere with my teaching method, and i can take care of myself, thanks" she answers confidently, and i look at her, satisfied with her response.
"You know, maybe we should talk, we haven't had a chance yet..." he suggests, attempting to place his hand on her shoulder.
However, Lizzie quickly moves away with a jerk, using the excuse of get away her coffee cup.
She approaches me instead.
"Yeah...of course, but not now. I would like to finish the conversation with Miss Y/L/N that you interrupted" she says, flashing a fake and friendly smile.
The coach glances at both of us before silently departing.
We giggle like teenagers, seeing Walker walk away looking defeated.
"I should head to class now" i say, glancing at the time displayed on my phone.
"I wish you could stay with me" Lizzie says with soft eyes, trying to reach out her hand to caress me, but then remembering that we're in a public place.
"I hate not being able to even caress you" she sighs in frustration
"Well, we'll cuddle at home, okay? We just have to be patient for a few more months" i reassure her, and she nods, swinging her arm as much as she can to let our fingers touch.
"I'm going to miss you today" i add, and she looks at me with a childlike expression.
"Me too. It's boring to teach when you're not there" she tells me, a slight pout forming on her face.
"Stop it, or i might end up kissing you right here in front of everyone" i state, grabbing my backpack and offering her a smile.
"I love you" i say.
"I love you too" she whispers back, then retreats into the teachers' room while I make my way to my classroom.

———————————-

Time never seems to pass.
I find myself tapping my pencil on the desk, trying to keep in sync with the rhythm of my thoughts.
The speech i'm rehearsing for Lizzie plays on a loop in my mind, as I barely listen the lesson happening in front of me.
As i mentally repeat the same words for the third time, my concentration is interrupted by vibration of my phone.
I grab it finding a text from Lizzie