Chapter 49 - News

LIZZIE'S POV

It's been two weeks since y/n ended up in a coma and it seems like an eternity to me, a purgatory i can't get out of.
Julian and i are spending a lot of time together, his mum Tessa works a lot and sometimes doesn't know who to leave him with, it was up to y/n or Cassie but now they can't so i decided to take care of him.
He makes me feel good that for a while i forget all my problems.

"Can we come in here? There are a lot of toys, mom and i always go there to look them" he says squeezing my hand while we walk with an ice cream in our hands.
"And you never buy one?" i ask trying to be kind in asking the question
"Mmm no, mom doesn't have much money but for my birthday she always brings me here" he says smiling and my heart hurts so much hearing those words and hearing them especially from him, it must be difficult for both of us.
He just wants to be a kid and he deserves toys like all kids and his mom, god i can't even imagine the pain she feels not being able to afford to give his son a toy.
"Come on come with me" i say dragging him with me and he looks at me confused.
"It's your lucky day little one, buy all the toys you want" i say smiling and his face lights up with joy.
"Really Lizzie?" he asks incredulously and i nod
"You deserve them, you're a very good and smart kid, come on, run inside and buy what you want" and without having to repeat it twice, he hugs me and then run inside.

I smile to see him so happy while playing with the other children and for once he can be a child, carefree as he should be.
I think how wonderful it would be to have a baby, a wish i've never seen come true, with Robbie i could never talk about it.
I mean, he loves kids and we even wrote a book for them, yet when it came to the two of us as a couple, the subject of "kids" was always to be avoided.
I've always dreamed of building a family and i don't know if i'll ever be able to make this dream come true.

While i let Julian have some fun my eyes were caught by a shop window in front of the toy store.
I smile and my mind recalls the time i was here with y/n. I almost forgot i walked here with her.
It was a day like many others, one of those beautiful, carefree ones, before everything fell apart because of me.
I approach the shop window and i see that necklace still on display that had attracted me when i came with her.
It's a necklace with an oval pendant which you can put a picture inside.

The necklace:

Flashback:

"It's beautiful isn't it?"
I look at her and see that she's looking at me with a huge smile on her face
"What?" i ask smiling too
"I'll give it to you one day" she says
"You will?" i ask giggling
"Yes, i promise, so you'll always have me close to you, close to your heart" she explains, then pulls me towards her and hugs my hips.
Someone might see us right now, but i don't care, i'm just so happy with her.
"You know you don't need to spend money for this right? You are already here in my heart" our faces are so close, noses touch and i feel electricity in our bodies.
"But i want to give it to you, i want to do something for you, because you're the most beautiful thing that has happened in my life. What lucky girl i am" her eyes sparkle and mine filled with tears that i can hardly hold back.
No one has ever said such nice things to me, it makes me feel so loved and special.
"And i'm so lucky to have you honey" i say smiling
"But you'll have to wait a bit if it's not a problem, you know it's not that cheap" she says ashamed and lowering her head
"As much as i repeat that there is no need, it doesn't matter, for you i would wait ages" i lift her chin and leave a kiss on the tip of her nose making her smile. We hug and my heart is just happy.