Chapter 50 - Overcome

LIZZIE'S POV

"Is everything okay Lizzie?" asks the little one
"Uhm yes honey, but i've something to tell you..."

My legs are shaking and i can hardly keep a smile that slowly becomes as big as my whole face.

"This is a double lucky day little one, i think there is someone who's waiting for us" and here, this is even more beautiful, the realization in his eyes and in his smile.
"Y/n did she wake up?" he asks incredulously with shining eyes
"Yes honey, she woke up" i say in a shaky voice while a tear rolls down my face
"Why are you crying Lizzie?" the little one asks me extending his little hand to wipe away my tears.
"Because i'm happy, this are tears of happiness"
"Now you can get married" he says and i let out a laugh at his childish naivety.
"First she has to forgive me but with your bracelet she'll do it for sure, right?" i say and he nods
"Come on let's go to her" i say starting the car to go to the hospital.

Throughout the journey i keep thinking that i'll see her beautiful eyes again, even if i don't know if she will reject me, but it doesn't matter, what matters now is that she is awake.
Time will fix everything.

Before rushing to her room we decide to buy her a bouquet of flowers that Julian holds tight in his hands.
Arrived in front of her door i take a deep breath and knock, my heart beating very fast and my hand shake.
"Everything will be fine Lizzie" the little one says to me holding my hand and i smile at him tenderly.
I decide to let Julian in first, i don't want to spoil their moment, he's been waiting so long for this.

"Oh my god little bear you're here, come here!"

Her voice,
after a long time my ears can hear the melody of her voice again.
My heart stops beating for a second hearing that nickname, but then i remember that she calls Julian that too.
I miss, i miss so much being called that by her.
I swear this doesn't seem real.

"I missed you so much Y/n" says the little one
"Me too little bear, come on hug me"

I look out a little to see the scene, i can't see her face but i see her hugging the little one and i smile at all that tenderness.
"Is that for me?" she asks pointing the flowers
"Yes-"
"Wait is your mom with you? Why doesn't she come in and say hello?" She turns towards the door and i immediately hide.

Why am i so afraid of being seen by her?

"Tessa come here don't be shy" she says jokingly
I breathe and then with small steps i walk towards her.
The first person i see is Emma, ​​i smile at her but she lowers her head instead.

Ok...that's weird... I thought she was happy.
Then i meet Cassie's gaze but she turns away.
Hailee instead glares at me, well, nothing strange here after all.

But why do they all avoid my gaze?

Until i get close to her bed and our eyes meet, after so long.
Here, her beautiful eyes, god i'd missed them, i'd missed her.
Neither of us speaks and i don't know if i should take that as a positive sign, after all she hasn't kicked me out yet.
"Oh...this is definitely not Tessa" she says analyzing me
"Hey..." i say with a hint of a shy smile
"Me and Lizzie bought you these flowers and look we made you a bracelet!" says the little one handing the bracelet to y/n who looks at him confused.
"Sorry little bear but i'm so confused right now" she affirms

What is going on?

"Lizzie listen i have to tell you something" Emma says from behind my back
"Yeah Emma i think i need an explanation too...so what is this? A sort of surprise? What is Elizabeth Olsen doing in my room and then why are you calling her Lizzie?"