Chapter 11: A Burning Tension; Kirishima's Drive

[Previously]

Izuku observed the entire encounter with narrowed eyes. 'Tensions seem to be rising... Kyo is usually level-headed, and she's right. It takes a lot to make her angry.'

'Well... It doesn't concern me unless someone lays a hand on someone else.' He yawned, walking away with his hands behind his head.

[Sports Festival Arc] A Burning Tension; Kirishima's Drive

Mina Ashido approached Tsuyu and Toru, carrying a tray of delicious food. Shoji and Sero sat across from them, engaged in conversation.

"Ashido, Sero," Shoji said, using his shoulder to speak. "Congratulations to both of you."

They exchanged a glance, and Sero apologetically smiled. "Honestly, Bakugo did most of the work. But hopefully, we'll have a chance to shine in the finals."

Curious, Tsuyu asked, "How did you end up on his team in the first place, ribbit?" Shoji nodded in agreement.

"Well, I was with Kirishima for the majority of the obstacle race, and he managed to convince me to join their team. I didn't even consider that you two might want to team up. I apologize for not thinking about it."

Tsuyu reassured him, "No hard feelings, ribbit. Clearly, your decision worked out well."

Toru chimed in, applauding their strategy. "However, Tsu-chan, your collaboration with Shoji-kun, Hitoshi, and Kendo-chan was impressive! If it weren't for getting stuck in Todoroki's ice, you could have easily made it to the top four teams!"

Shoji's arm-mouth interjected after he finished a bite of food. "Perhaps, but there were many other strong teams. We were confident in our strategy initially, but seeing the results, it might have been wiser to team up with Kayama, even though he had a target on his back."

Sero stretched and leaned back in his seat, commenting, "Yeah, that team was insane. Izuku and Tokoyami were a formidable duo. Izuku's shadow and Tokoyami's Quirk were perfect for a defensive event. Any team with them was bound to make it to the finals. It's no wonder Izuku wanted to have Tokoyami on his side."

As Izuku joined the conversation, sitting down next to Sero and across from Shoji, he greeted them with a smile. Placing his tray on the table, he started eating.

Shoji nodded and acknowledged Izuku. "Kayama, congratulations on making it to the final event."

"Yeah, it feels like you truly earned your spot, unlike me," Sero chuckled. "You played the system by disguising yourself as a non-threat, sharing your points with Uraraka, and then getting teamed up with some incredible people. That support course girl was seriously impressive, and she had a prominent role too. You had me completely fooled."

Izuku responded, his tone flat. "I didn't do it on purpose. Tokoyami asked me to join his team, and I couldn't refuse because I didn't have many options at the time."

Tsuyu chimed in, expressing remorse. "Yeah, looking back, it's clear we made a mistake. It must have hurt your feelings, ribbit."

Izuku quickly reassured them, "It's fine. I'm not upset."

-Sometime Later-

"I'm going to defeat you, Shoto," Izuku confidently declared, his gaze locked with Shoto's.

"You can't beat me if you refuse to use your fire," Izuku said, Shoto showed his anger by pushing Izuku against the wall with a mix of determination and frustration evident in his bi-colored eyes.

"You... out of all people, I thought you would understand! I will never rely on his power," Shoto's voice trembled with a tinge of anger, reminiscent of his previous argument with Kyo.