Chapter 47: Training of the Dead

[Previously]

All Might watched Keiko's form walk away slowly her head still casted down. "Young lady, wait!" All Might yelled, Keiko turned around to face All Might.

"If it's okay with you, I'd still like to train you."

[Project 42 Arc] Training of the Dead

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."Theodore Roosevelt

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

Izuku furrowed his brow as he gazed at Kyo's vacant desk. She had been absent from school for a few days, and his visit to her house had yielded no results; nobody was home. He had dispatched shadows to search for her, but they returned with nothing. He had exhausted every communication method, calling, texting, and emailing, yet there was still no sign of Kyo.

Occasionally, his thoughts drifted to Eri, a girl who held an inexplicable interest in him. "What's going on, Bakugo-kun?!" exclaimed Toru, her sleeves fluttering wildly. "You're all battered up!"

Izuku shifted his gaze towards Bakugo. His body was adorned with bandages and bruises... just like Eri's.

"Not only him," Sero chimed in, nodding towards the rear of the classroom. "Take a look at Todoroki."

"Whoa," Jiro gasped. "Those provisional classes must be brutal!"

"QUIT TALKING ABOUT US LIKE WE'RE INVISIBLE!" Bakugo's voice thundered.

"CLASS IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!" Momo interjected, her voice almost as forceful. "Where's Uraraka, Asui, and Kirishima?"

"They've all got approved absences, remember?" Hitoshi pointed out. "They've partnered with pros for their work studies."

...

Following the practical lesson, during which Izuku had strangely forgotten how to swim and required Aizawa's capture scarf to rescue him, Aizawa fixed him with a stern gaze. "Your concentration seems unusually impaired," Aizawa noted. "This performance is subpar. If it's related to your work-study pressures..."

"Please, don't pull me out of it, sir," Izuku implored, holding a serious demeanor. 'If he forces me to stop, I'll lose my chance to save Eri.' 

"I can manage. I'll regain my focus."

Aizawa raised an inquisitive eyebrow before nodding. "It's a demanding period. I expect your best effort consistently, particularly given your history as an outstanding student. However, what I wish for and what I anticipate aren't always identical. You don't have to be operating at maximum capacity all the time. Nevertheless, both of you must concentrate. Without focus..." He turned away, beginning to walk off. "...how do you propose to achieve your goals?"

Strangely, he had anticipated this.

Their homeroom teacher had a knack for deciphering such matters.

-Later That Same Day-

Night enshrouded the urban landscape, casting a blanket of darkness over the city.

Glimmering golden lights dotted the horizon, a distant symphony of car horns, and the rumbling cadence of trains on tracks filled the air. These were the everyday sights and sounds of the city at night.

However, amid this familiar urban backdrop, two colossal villains were on a destructive rampage through the streets, locked in a fierce pursuit of each other. One was a bare-chested giant, easily towering twenty feet tall. The other possessed the formidable physique of a megalodon shark. A clash of titans, leaving chaos in their wake.