Chapter 94: The Thrill of Destruction

[Previously]

Suddenly, a spiral of darkness materialized behind the group, expanding to engulf a significant portion of the wall. Ashoka found himself captivated by the obscure mist, a sense of familiarity tugging at him.

Within a few seconds, the old villain and his henchmen pivoted to face the mist, just as two figures emerged from it. One of them was enveloped entirely in the black mist, with only his garments visible through the shroud. The other person wore a conventional black suit, but a black helmet covered their entire head, complete with a thick metal collar encasing the neck.

[Perfect Preparation Arc] The Thrill of Destruction

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." - Mark Twain

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

The two mysterious figures silently positioned themselves in front of the group of criminals, their arrival coinciding with the vanishing of the ethereal portal behind them.

"Get them!" bellowed one of the youthful offenders, prompting a hasty charge toward the newcomers. However, their efforts were futile, as a shroud of darkness erupted from the figure cloaked in its very essence. It seemed as if his form consisted entirely of mist, swiftly engulfing half of the room and concealing the assailants within.

Within seconds, the only remnants of the attackers were a few startled cries, silenced as the mist receded. No trace remained, not even a stain of blood. It became apparent that the duo's peculiar arrival was due to some form of extraordinary transportation.

The remaining villains instinctively retreated, drawing closer to Izuku as the mist-shrouded man advanced.

"Kurogiri," the masked man addressed, his voice veiled, "they are mine."

"Yes, master," responded Kurogiri obediently.

Stepping aside, the misty figure maintained an unwavering gaze upon Izuku, his luminous yellow eyes piercing through the haze. Meanwhile, the man known as "master" drew nearer. The elderly individual towering above Ashoka visibly trembled.

"Could it be?" he uttered, his voice quivering. "All For One?"

"So, you recognize me," the masked man replied, his tone laced with a chilling chuckle that sent shivers down Ashoka's spine. It was laughter devoid of mirth, a haunting sound that foretold impending suffering.

"Yes... master," the old man confessed, his voice laced with a mix of reverence and fear. "I once commanded one of your enforcement teams in Tokyo, until All Might dismantled our operations. Afterward, you vanished. I... I believed you to be dead."

"Many do," replied the masked man known as All For One.

The elderly man humbly knelt before him.

"I may not have been aware of your survival, but I have never forgotten the incredible gift you bestowed upon me. I am at your command once again, if you will accept my service."

"I might have considered it. Your age has granted you invaluable experience, a trait lacking in many of my allies. However," the masked man paused and glanced downwards at Ashoka, "you possess too much knowledge, and your men attacked my son."

Ashoka stared at the man, feeling disoriented and unable to think clearly. It took him a while to comprehend the man's words. The stench of his own vomit mingled with a new foul odor as the elderly man involuntarily soiled himself.

"Do you really know this guy?" the younger man interjected, sounding like the one who had mentioned shaking Ashoka.

All For One raised his hand, palm facing the elderly man, and in an instant, a spray of blood showered Ashoka. The metallic scent invaded his nostrils, intensifying his urge to vomit. However, before he could react further, two arms slipped under his armpits and pressed against his chest, lifting him off the ground.