[Project 42 Arc] Secrets

[Previously]

"Beloved 42," I murmur, my gaze fixed on the girl in front of me. The chess pieces are set, the game in motion. Izuku Kayama's fate hangs in the balance. A nod to my world, my desires, my dominion.

The client's wish, my command. 42's doubts, inconsequential. A puppeteer's symphony, strings pulled with precision. The grand performance continues, and I, Kawata Masumi, the conductor, hold the baton.

[Project 42 Arc] Secrets

"It is impossible for someone to lie unless he thinks he knows the truth. A person who lies is thereby responding to the truth, and he is to that extent respectful of it."Harry Frankfurt

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

Kiho had reached the warehouse well before the sun dipped beneath the horizon. Himiko, plagued by boredom, idly nudged a rock with her foot. This turn of events wasn't what she had anticipated.

Abruptly, commotion beyond the hangar's entrance snapped his languor.

"Shigaraki!" Takahiro's voice reverberated, leading the charge, his silhouette stretching across the room under the moonlit night. A stranger trailed him, their countenance engulfed in shadow. Kiho scanned the surroundings. The newcomer sported a mask, an angular one. 'Was this Hayakawa's designated operative?'

Beneath his hand, Tomura's lips curled into a smirk. "Looks like you netted us a substantial catch, Stab." Himiko, Kiho, Takahiro, and Toya congregated around him while he scratched his neck. Izuku lagged behind, his pace more measured.

The individual donning the pointed mask took a deliberate step forward. Their hair bore a shade of brown, and they adorned white gloves on each hand.

Tomura thrust his hands outward. "Greetings... Overhaul."

-The Next Day-

The day following the provisional license exam, most of Class A had congregated in the communal area, prepared to head to their classes... However, a slight imperfection marred the scene.

"Why are the two of you so heavily bandaged?" Mina inquired with genuine curiosity. "And why on earth are you vacuuming?"

Izuku and Bakugo exchanged somber glances before looking up at her, their expressions carrying a tinge of melancholy.

-Flashback-

After the Provisional Hero License Exam concluded, Class 1-A made their way back to Heights Alliance. While most of the students were unwinding after the intense exam, Katsuki approached Izuku with a purpose. 

"Let's talk about your Quirk," he murmured, catching Izuku's attention. An intrigued expression danced across Izuku's face.

Under the cover of the night, the two slipped out of their dorms. "Is it wise to be out after curfew?" Izuku pondered aloud, but Katsuki brushed aside his concern, leading them to Ground Beta.

"Are you going to stay on this forever, or will you finally speak up?" Izuku's voice was tinged with boredom, as he had a rendezvous with Overhaul later and needed some sleep before that.

"You used to be so weak," Katsuki began.

'I guess we're revisiting this tiresome conversation,' Izuku sighed internally. As Katsuki delved into their shared past, recounting how Izuku had admired his Quirk, memories flooded back. Katsuki reminded Izuku that Ground Beta was where he had triumphed over him during the Battle Trial.