[Nabu Island Arc] FOWL

[Previously]

Jiro exhaled deeply, then burst into delighted tears. Momo dashed over to soothe and join her, the two of them hugging and spinning in a circle. Itsuka grinned as he looked at Tokoyami and then Bakugo. They had the same expression as she did.

They had completed the task. Everything seemed possible at the time, with the mood at an all-time high. They would win the League. They would keep the school open and enjoy long and prosperous futures...

[Nabu Island Arc] FOWL

"With fools, there is no companionship. Rather than to live with men who are selfish, vain, quarrelsome, and obstinate, let a man walk alone." - Buddha

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

The next two days were fantastic for Class A. For days, the school rode the high of the festival, and it appeared that all stress had been emptied from the halls. Even grouchy employees like Aizawa and Hound Dog appeared to be in a better mood. 

None of Class A knew where Aizawa had been for the majority of the festival, which he claimed he had slept through. Many of them harbored doubts in private. Those who had heard Eri's story about him and Ms. Joke volunteered to help her shop for clothes. 

After the festival, there were a lot of new couples. Toru and Shoji were one, and when they found out, the group chat went crazy. 

Sero and Shiozaki were less surprising, but still quite powerful, given what the two of them had been through (and, indeed, the two of them were somewhat of celebrities in the halls following their fight). 

Eri had left after the event, but not before saying farewell to several of the pupils. Eri had been overjoyed, and this made them all overjoyed. 

Jiro had become a star, albeit not to the same extent as Ibara and Sero (Monoma could be heard grumbling that he deserved the same respect for his work in the play). 

The rocker girl was happier than anyone had ever seen her, and she, Momo, and Bakugo were frequently spotted hanging out together. Bakugo himself appeared to be less irritable. 

A few days passed, and some of the class was sitting in the common room, watching a special report about the Gentle Criminal fight.

"Not since Kamino has a villain incident created such a stir. In contrast to the previous Yuuei issues, the buzz is unexpectedly positive. Why do you think that is?"

"Well, Enma, there could be several reasons." One reason could be that we could see practically the entire combat develop and it was not veiled in mystery. Another reason could be that no one on the hero's side appeared to be harmed. And one can't help but think that this Gentle Criminal posed a lesser threat than the League of Villains. The previous two incidents were big attacks that caught both students and faculty off guard, with the villains infiltrating a guarded location. This weekend's display was a botched infiltration. The kids and faculty WERE ALERT, as evidenced by the abundance of cameras. By all accounts, Yuuei students thrived."

"Indeed. And whether or not the general audience is thinking of those precise phrases, the effect appears to be the same. Petitions to shut down Yuuei have gained support in recent days, and protests have decreased around the country. Popularity polls for heroes of all kinds have risen, which bodes well for the upcoming Billboard Chart Festival, which takes place later today."

"Polls, however, do not reveal everything, Enma. We chatted with some people on the street to see how they felt about everything. We received an interesting response."