Chapter 27: The Desperate Pursuit

[Previously]

She nodded and darted off. "Was it all a lie, Izuku? Are you a traitor? Do you even want to be a hero?" Uraraka screamed, tears welling up in her eyes.

He gave her a stoic look. "I'm going to protect my family, even if it means turning every hero and villain in the world against me."

[Training Camp Arc] The Desperate Pursuit

Izuku vanished into the shadows, leaving Uraraka and Tsu alone as the shadow soldiers restraining them quickly crumbled. The sound of rustling leaves filled the air, accompanied by distant voices.

"URARAKA!" Mina's voice pierced through the trees as she sprinted toward the clearing. Uraraka was taken aback by the unexpected figures trailing behind Mina—Shoji and Todoroki.

Ochaco Uraraka growled, her instincts urging her to rise and pursue Izuku for answers. However, Tsu held her back, whispering urgently, "Wait! Remember what he said before he left."

"If you breathe a word about this or attempt to come after me... I'll annihilate you and everyone you hold dear."

Todoroki inquired, concern etched on his face, "Are you both unharmed?" The two girls nodded in response.

'I need to become stronger... If Izuku becomes a threat, someone has to be able to stop him,' Uraraka resolved within herself.

Curious, Tsu turned to Mina and asked, "How did you encounter them?"

"We encountered them on the trail," Mina explained. "Todoroki had a Class B student who was unconscious, but we sent him back with Yao-momo and Awase. They should still be nearby. If we hurry, Ochaco can make them weightless, and we can all return together..."

"I can accomplish that," Ochaco reasoned, her voice filled with determination. "Just give me a chance to do something right."

"We have to find Bakugo and protect him, as Izuku's message said," Todoroki reminded them, his tone serious.

"Protecting Bakugo?" Shoji interjected, exchanging glances with Tsu. Uncertainty filled the air.

"Yeah, he seemed irritated at being protected," Mina chimed in. "Why...?" Her gaze turned towards the back of the group. "Bakugo... and Tokoyami? What happened to them?"

The five of them glanced around in disbelief, realizing they were alone in the clearing. No one else was in sight.

"The boy you're referring to?" a confident voice echoed from above.

Gasps escaped their lips as they looked up, raising their heads to see a masked man in a top hat and an orange overcoat perched on a tree branch. He twirled a cane in his hand. "I took him with my spell," the villain declared, tipping his right hand to reveal a gleaming blue ball between his fingers.

Ochaco's eyes widened in shock. 'His Quirk...!'

"Young Bakugo's talent is wasted on the hero side, I'm afraid," the villain continued. "We'll take him to a place where he can truly shine."

"Move," Todoroki hissed, and Shoji and Mina quickly slid out of the way as he stomped his foot, creating an ice wall aimed at the villain. The spikes slammed into the branches, but the villain swiftly jumped down from the tree.

He effortlessly glided through the air and landed on another tree further down the trail. "These days, children follow such extreme courses. We merely want to demonstrate to young Bakugo that he has many possibilities."

"What about Tokoyami?" Shoji muttered, scanning their surroundings. "He was with Bakugo at the back..."

"He took them both without making a sound," Todoroki explained, frustration lacing his words. "What kind of quirk does he possess?" He raised his voice, directing his anger at the villain. "It's a terrible idea to go out of your way to talk to us!"