Chapter 57: My Power Only

[Previously]

As Izuku pondered this, he positioned himself between Liliya and Nemuri. "Strangely enough, this might play to our advantage, diverting attention from us."

"So, what's the strategy?"

[Project 42 Arc] My Power Only

"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

Shigaraki Izuku.

Regardless of familial ties, he positioned himself as an obstacle. "When we grow older, let's pursue our own dreams instead of someone else's."

"Those were your exact words to me... Izuku," Ashoka remarked, his vantage point a rooftop's expanse. "This embodies my ambition: to forge a fresh realm of harmony. Not the tranquility you pursue, Izuku. Ashoka's vision of harmony necessitates absolute dominion. The force I wield, not yours, shall be the catalyst for reshaping the world."

His attire had transformed, echoing the sleek bodysuit akin to the one he donned at the USJ. His once-colorful eyes now bore a somber gray hue, and his tousled platinum locks had been shorn, revealing his countenance. Draped in a cloak, it enveloped his new ensemble.

Ashoka had requisitioned All for One from the physician, meticulously tying up any loose ends, and the League was under his control; all dispensable in his scheme. Mere pawns, vital for executing an obligation he wished to evade. He acknowledged full well their collective inadequacy to vanquish Izuku. Ashoka alone held that potency at this juncture.

Defeat was not an option.

...

Kyo found herself in an unprecedented state of perplexity; never before in her life had she been so thoroughly confounded. Her mind stood devoid of any coherent thought, fatigued from ceaseless contemplation that she now wished to shun.

Izuku, against all odds, remained alive.

Caught in a mire of conflicting emotions, she struggled to determine whether to embrace elation or suffer the humiliation that gnawed at her conscience. Her actions, driven by her ambitions, had forever shattered the bond between them. Their journey together had been rendered meaningless.

Liliya relayed the news that Masumi had informed her about FOWL's impending infiltration of the auction – a rescue mission aimed at her. The humiliation intensified. Even after ending Izuku's life, he extended his hand to aid her.

Curiosity gnawed at her regarding how he rallied the group after her assault on Himiko. It seemed inconceivable that they could hold anything but contempt for her now. This outcome, a far cry from her aspirations, weighed heavily upon her.

Kawata was no fool; he saw through Liliya's plot to eliminate him, a step ahead of everyone. However, he remained ignorant of her plan to assassinate him. Kyo was confident that Liliya's attempt would fail, and the responsibility would once again fall upon her.

Freedom tantalizingly beckoned. The chance to escape had lingered long before her, yet her lust for power had held her in thrall. It was this very thirst that had led her astray. But she vowed against repeating that mistake.

Seated within the chamber beneath the auction floor, she felt the palpable weight of her decisions.

"Hizuru-chan." His voice, laced with menace, struck from behind. She felt like a captive, the quirk-suppressor on her ankle a cruel reminder. Masumi's voice echoed as he revealed his intent: a dagger concealed upon her thigh, intended for his demise during Masumi's announcement to the audience.