Chapter 70: A Step Closer

[Previously]

"So that's that, we now know where we all stand. Let's get this mission over with and go about our lives," said Izuku, and they all nodded.

Izuku was aware that, just like Ashoka, he would have to confront his own sibling in a battle. The singular deviation was that he harbored doubt regarding his ability to execute the act of killing Tenko if confronted with the necessity to do so.

[Nabu Island Arc] A Step Closer

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

Snowflakes fluttered across the mountain road. It was well past midnight, and vehicles were speeding down the street, far from the sparkling city in the distance. Headlights flashed as around four sports cars pursued a huge armored vehicle. The crimson car leading the chase was driven by Rock Lock, who was flanked by another hero dressed in medieval knight garb.

They were the first to approach the armored truck, coming up on its right side. They approached the driver's window, the exhausts blasting forth flames to give their car one last shove. Inside, they noticed Spinner's lizard-like face...

"That's Shuichi Iguchi!" When Rock Lock recognized him, he yelled.

"So it's the League of Villains!" exclaimed the knight-like hero, putting his head out the window and forming the barrel-like fingers of his left hand into the shape of a machine gun. Before he could fire, Spinner twisted the truck's steering wheel to the right, slamming the automobile against the neighboring road wall and causing it to move off the ground.

As he attempted to steer the vehicle out of its pinned position, Rock Lock grimaced. Sparks flew through the window as both heroes wound up squished together.

Thankfully, their vehicle escaped a literal rock and hard place when the left door fell off while they swerved, allowing them to regain traction on the road and continue their pursuit of the three other cars.

Meanwhile, Spinner shifted the truck to the left in order to pin the blue sports car against the railing beside the precipice. After a few moments, it flipped over the railing and plummeted down below, causing a big explosion. That infuriated the gunner hero.

"Damn it!" he yelled, firing a flurry of rounds with his left hand while steadying it with his right. Unfortunately, his bullets only dented the back of the truck's metal doors. "No luck!" he exclaimed.

"Then let's get a little closer!" Rock Lock made a decision and tightened his grasp on the steering wheel. Their car raced down the road after the armored truck, rounding the bend.

The gunner hero readied his right arm, smashing the windshield with another round directed towards the truck. Again, they appeared to barely ding the doors as sparks shot everywhere with each contact.

Suddenly, the right-side window of the truck burst, causing the glass to shatter. Chimera extended her left hand, while squid tentacles emerged from her body. 

The realization dawned on Rock Lock, causing him to let out a groan. Just as a mass of tendrils was about to strike, he abruptly steered the car away.

"Deadbolt!" he cried, lighting up the driving wheel brilliant red. The car suddenly toppled over, landing on its side and taking the villain's flames to its undercarriage, protecting a silver car as it rode up the slope beside the road. 

"Sorry, we're out!" Rock Lock apologized as he carried the gunner hero out of the enflamed cars. The silver automobile virtually leaped over the armored truck as it climbed the hillside, landing in front of it despite its heavily damaged front end.